Did anyone lose weight after TAH??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did anyone lose weight after TAH??? Did anyone lose weight after TAH???

Unread 02-09-2005, 02:35 PM
Did anyone lose weight after TAH???

This may be a really stupid questions but I was just wondering if anyone has noticed any weight loss after their TAH. My Dr. told me my fibroid weighed around 5 lbs so does this mean I'll lose 5 lbs right after surgery?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2005, 02:46 PM
weight loss

Hi, One of the mums at my son's school had a TAH 10days ago she has lost a stone (14lbs) she lost 7lbs in hosp for 5days then 7lbs at home and still losing she has barely an appetite. She is very overweight (her words not mine) so she is hoping it stays off.

One thing she did say to me is in 10days she feels like a teenager again with loads of energy even though she is taking it easy still, she has no pain from the fibroids & looks fantastic!! Very reassuring don't you think?
Unread 02-09-2005, 03:29 PM
weight loss

I lost about 5 lbs from loss of appetite. I dont know if you will notice the weight loss right away, because sometimes after a surgery your body retains some fluids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2005, 03:41 PM

I am 2 weeks post op and have lost 13 pounds......8 at the hospital. So, it has inspired me to watch what I eat now and I figure now that it's lent that gives me the incentive.

Good Luck! You will be amazed how much better you feel!
Unread 02-09-2005, 03:50 PM

my best friend told me I looked like I had dropped about 10 pounds the day I left the hospital(12/30/04)

I have noticed my clothes are fitting looser now. even the jeans that fit me just right before surgery I have to pull up now. I haven't weighed myself though.
Unread 02-09-2005, 03:53 PM

I am three weeks post-op and finally got enough nerve today to step on the scales. I had lost 8 pounds! Now if I could just get rid of this annoying swelly belly....
Unread 02-09-2005, 04:42 PM

I would think losing a five pound fibroid would make you five pounds lighter but not noticable since it was on the inside. I lost ten pounds after my TAH/BSO on Dec.7th, 2004. I'm 48 yrs. old weighed 108 lbs before surgery. At 98 lbs. I may be thin but feel great and my doctor expressed no concern. While recovering you have to remember you are not using up that many calories so I ate light and drank lots of water. You do not have to gain weight after surgery. It's all a choice. Good luck to you.
Unread 02-09-2005, 05:17 PM

not sure how big my benign tumor was but I have lost about 5 pounds since the surgery 2 weeks ago. I am continuing to watch what I eat and now being off the pill I think that is helping too. it finally started showing yesterday as the air in the system finally all left and whatnot. I have noticed my bras fitting better!
Unread 02-09-2005, 06:37 PM

I am 13 days post op. I lost 13lbs in castle (3 night/4day). Appetite was horrible. But, have continued to lose weight...now at 17lb loss. I am trying to eat better - still not a great appetite.
I could use to lose another 20 lbs so don't mind I don't look (to me) like I have lost weight d/t swelly belly so bad still. But, someone told me today that my pants were baggy - woohoo LOL

Stacey
Unread 02-09-2005, 06:50 PM

Between the bowel prep and post surgery, I lost 14 pounds. I needed to lose more. I got my appetite back at about one week. Boy, is it back. Now, with daily radiation, I'm starting to get into the diarrhea, so here we go again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register