Yellow discharge | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Yellow discharge Yellow discharge

Unread 05-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Yellow discharge

I had my tah/bso on 4/11. I have a yellow discharge. I went to the doc on 5/8 and he thought it could be because the dissolvable stitches weren't dissolving. He went in a scrapped them out, but I still have the discharge. Anyone else have this?

Debi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2006, 06:50 PM
Yellow discharge

Hi Debi

I had a yellow discharge for awhile and I had a problem before that at my 3 week post exam my incision opened, and ever since that happened I had been having a yellow discharge, and my incision was opened last checkup (6 week) and the Doc carterized it and after that I had a reddish discharge and then went to yellow for awhile but yesterday it finally stopped the incision had finally closed. I beleive it is somewhat normal, not to worry, unless it changes color to a greenish and has an odor, then you need to call the Dr. immediately. but you can always call the Doctor and tell them what is happening and he would be able to guide you best!!! I don't thnk you have anything to worry about, it is probably just draining a little. I was so tired of that cleaning it with perioxide and putting a small gauze pad on everytime I cleaned it. It wasn't alot just annoying. I hope this helps, and keep resting, your body really needs to heal.

Kimber
Unread 05-15-2006, 07:14 PM
Yellow discharge

Hi Debi
When I went in at 5 wks for a checkup I was having a yellow discharge and asked about it. My dr said it was from the dissolving stitches that were yellow. I think it was rather normal for them to be dissolving at that point in recovery. I have seen many posts by women who had the same thing and that was all it was. It seems you could be experiencing this as well. Is it kind of a bright yellow that could be from a dye on a stitch or is it like an infection yellow? I could tell that mine was more the bright yellow.
I hope this is all it is for you too. I would think you could give it some time unless you have signs of infection. Let us know how you do.
's, Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2006, 08:34 PM
Yellow discharge

I too have a bit of a yellowish discharge and I'm a bit itchy down there..I was wondering if I've developed a yeast infection from the IV antibiotics I was on post op (heart murmur..need Rx). Yet another question for my post op visit in two days...hope they've left an hour for my visit!

Anyone else itchy and/or yeast infection?
Unread 05-16-2006, 03:11 AM
Yellow discharge

I was told that a yellowish discharge was very normal at that stage as the stitches were dissolving and the body is cleansing the wound.
Unread 05-16-2006, 04:49 PM
thanks

sounds like it is normal. It is a little brighter than I would expect if it were an infection. Maybe I have more stitches in there that he wasn't able to remove. I will see what is happening in a few more weeks.

thanks so much.

Debi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register