Oh So Calm | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-03-2007, 01:24 AM
Oh So Calm

as the big day is now nearly upon me I would like to give thanks for you all, for the support you've given & suggestions you have made, questions you have answered & just for generally being 'there'
Today I'm feeling so very calm.... what could have gone wrong the last few days has (hence me not being here much for a couple of days) my DH decided to change 4 faulty radiators friday & it all went pear shaped (so we have no heating & hot water is unreliable) .... but I'm calm My house is tidy (well tidyish) ... My instructionsare written.
I did have the 'why am I doing this question' and perhaps they are wrong.... I could have IBS..... it could just be? but all ladies in waiting will probably say the same, second thoughts are normal.... I checked my diary since the beginning of the year I have only had 17 clean pantie days and 10 tramadol free days ..... thats why I'm doing it.
Pre op tonight at 9, admittance tomorrow at 7
I'm questioning why I'm posting this now!!!! but the answer is just to say how much I appreciate you all.
Every best wish to all old & new... this site has been a true life saver (or at leat protected my mental health)
Lesley xxxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2007, 01:31 AM
Oh So Calm

Good luck!! And I hope I become as clam as you hehe..

and just wondering ..they do that in the weekend?? pre-ops, pre day admitance ext.. over here in Oklahoma pre op is done b4 5pm on week days only and surguries on week days only unless its urgent and your lucky to stay in the hospital for 14 hours
Unread 06-03-2007, 01:37 AM
Oh So Calm

Hi Amy... I'm in the UK and stuff is done quite differently... Tonight I have to go for a blood thinning jab & final paperwork..I will have my op at 9 monday & should be home late monday night or early tuesday (all going well that is) I'm having a LAVH so quicker all together
Every best wish to you Hun I'll be thinking of you
Lesley xxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2007, 02:36 AM
Oh So Calm

Oh ok, I have some firneds in the UK and when i had a major knee operatrion back in feb they were in shock to hear I was home by noon the same day!! I litterlly woke up to the nurse putting my clothes on me and anohter one haveng my husband sign dicharge papers!

bets luck to you too!! and sweet dreams during the op!

Amy
Unread 06-03-2007, 05:59 AM
Oh So Calm

Good for you on being calm. I didn't get calm until the day of my surgery
I hope that all goes well for you. Please let us know how you are when you feel up to it.

S
Unread 06-03-2007, 06:43 AM
Oh So Calm

Lesley, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. I am so happy your time has arrived, you will feel so much better I'm sure!!! I'm counting down to my trip to the castle also and am so excited!!! HUGE HUGE HUGS and let us know all the details when you get home!!!
Unread 06-03-2007, 07:01 AM
Thinking of you

Dear Lesley and Amy

All the very best of wishes are coming to you both, from me! I know that all will go extremely well for the both of you - you've been members of this site and you are no doubt as prepared and educated as you can be. Which puts you leagues in front of many others!

I look forward to hearing of your experiences and knowing that you will be well looked after.

I'll see you on the other side.

Love and huge hugs, Shell

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register