Scheduled LAVH "Sex after hysterectomy"???? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

"Sex after hysterectomy"???? "Sex after hysterectomy"????

Unread 08-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Re: "Sex after hysterectomy"????

hi am 9 weeks post -op and wont be cleared for sex until October everything removed ovarian cancer thank God caught it at birth am 45 and the only thing i love more than sex is more sex. I too sometimes get a bit worried about pain n the shortness and if am going to be able to relax and all sorts of stuff go through my head so sometimes i just put on a blue movie or read some or even touch myself a little because there are so much stories out there you feel doom before you start so i investigate and believe me i have lost nothing but i don't take any chances of fooling around with my man because i don't know if we will be able to stop, I know that he loves me a lot and has being pampering me so for now ill just be sick and make sure to do everything to heal properly so when my time rolls around i want to know that am healthy and able to please the love of my life again. So be strong take one day at a time and u will get there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2009, 11:56 AM

I am 1.5yrs post op from my hyster. I have to tell you that between 4/08 - 10/08 was the best sex of my life. I had my surgery in 3/08. Waited about 4-6 weeks and then started out slowly. I had another surgery in 10/08 which is a totally different story but between the two surgeries was great. I was still able to get to the big O with no problem, lubrication was a problem to start (i think I was just scared of pain) but that went away and the pain I had before with certain positions also vanished. embrace your new self and just take things one step at a time. My husband was very understanding and gentle with me and that helped get us back on track. not to mention the fact that we didn't have to plan "activities" around good ol aunt flow anymore. LOL.
Unread 08-20-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hair Docta View Post
Can anyone tell me what sex is like after a hyst? I've been told so many war stories that it doesn't feel the same, and that women can't reach their sexual peak anymore.....I really hate to get so personal, but I really don't want that part of my marriage to change. Any other pre-op sisters worried about that too, and can any of you post-op sisters relieve our fears of this matter???
I just had a full hysterecotomy at the end of July. I misunderstood the time they told me that I was able to have intercourse and my husband and I did and it was VERY painful. It hasn't been 6-8 weeks yet, so hopefully after that much time passes, it will be back to normal....I hope. I have a good friend that had one and she said it's better than ever. I hope she's right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2009, 08:30 PM

I was ready to jump to it at 6 weeks but very quickly realized you cant do the same as before right away. That causesd a little bit of pain so we took another week to let things finish healing and then just easied back into it after that. Even still, somethings dont feel as great as others but it will work itself out and maybe things will be back to normal. Maybe not and then that is a great opportunity to explore other things that will make if feel great and become the new normal that is satisfying for you both. We are still exploring this process.
Unread 08-31-2009, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Thanx guys! I've really been worried about it, concidering I'm only 31, I've kinda hit my sexual peak recently,
Don't be too sure about that! I found that when I hit my mid-30s I discovered a whole new sexual peak.

I'm only a week post-op but I'm finding that I'm suddenly excited about this forced moritorium on sex. I've heard from so many women about how great it can be when you start having sex again post-hyst. The excitement of finally being able to do it again and the nervousness about it can actually give you that excitement of when you were young or first in love.

Plus, if your condition had caused you to have pain during sex, there's the excitement that you might actually be able to enjoy sex more now because many of the pain issues could have been resolved with the surgery. I love the idea of "testing the waters" with a toy before getting it on for real...it can resolve both of your fears about whether your body is ready or if it will be painful.

I lost my ovary, so I know I might have menopausal issues that can effect sex. That's one thing I will *definately* be willing to try HRT to resolve.
Unread 08-31-2009, 03:47 AM

Was wondering the same thing myself how afterwards it would effect the big "O" something I dont want to lose either being in my 2nd marriage of 7 years.
Unread 08-31-2009, 07:14 AM

This is funny girls..........
My husband says he hopes it slows me down a little, so he can keep up with me. He said it wouldn't hurt for me to loose a little libido, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 08-31-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
This is funny girls..........
My husband says he hopes it slows me down a little, so he can keep up with me. He said it wouldn't hurt for me to loose a little libido, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like my hubby
Unread 08-31-2009, 06:51 PM

My sex drive has been slowing for years and was almost non-existent. The last month before LAVH I was on 2-3 BC pills per day trying to control the bleeding. I felt my libido stir for the first time in years.

I am on the estrogen patch and was cleared for sex at 4 weeks. There have been no problems at all and did experiment on my own at 2+ weeks just to see how things felt. There really doesn't seem to be an issue at all with that.

I did mention to the Doc at the post op about my libido. She prescribed testostorone from a compounding pharmacy. I am going to start it tonight.
Unread 08-31-2009, 07:07 PM

I had a TVH and did not have any pain or soreness in my vaginal area. All the pain was cramping, bladder spasms, and BM issues. I have had a couple of O's since the surgery (I am 4wks out) and they weren't as strong, but I am hoping they will get stronger with time. I am not cleared for intercourse another 2 wks but I am looking forward to trying.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register