Hysterectomy scheduled 2/17 - nervous and lots of questions - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy scheduled 2/17 - nervous and lots of questions Hysterectomy scheduled 2/17 - nervous and lots of questions

Unread 02-02-2016, 10:21 AM
Hysterectomy scheduled 2/17 - nervous and lots of questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanicPrincess113 View Post
As I understand it, an LAVH always involves removal of the cervix. My surgeon wanted to do that, but I expressed concern that my small vagina might not accomodate that approach, as well as a strong preference to keep my cervix; after further discussion, we agreed on LSH, which turned out exceptionally well. As for pre-op symptoms, I had nausea, from a fibroid-enlarged uterus pressing on my stomach; after I'd stopped taking the narcotics post-op, that completely disappeared. I was also nervous, especially because this would be my first major surgery. I found that keeping myself busy with my preparations, as well as scheduling a few enjoyable activities, really helped with that. After my surgery, I wondered what I was so nervous about! So hang in there; in two weeks, you'll be on the other side, and we'll be there with you! Best wishes for your upcoming surgery!
Thank you for your encouraging words!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2016, 05:34 PM
Re: Hysterectomy scheduled 2/17 - nervous and lots of questions

I too am up for LAVH on the same day as you. I am not at all nervous about the surgery or anesthesia, it's the anxiety of waiting for the day to hurry up and get here. I had a good run for a few weeks but I am now back on strong pain killers for cramping and back pain. I think my irritability and fatigue are stemming from the anxiety and huge lack of sleep. I don't know about you or others, but when my pain hits, it hits hard & I can barely shuffle let alone take a regular step. I know there will pain with recovery, but I try to tell myself it will be a different pain and this time things truly will get better. I am sure we'll be chatting in the post-op recovery thread.
Unread 02-02-2016, 06:08 PM

I had LAVH on 1/21- released on 1/22- so far, a non eventful recovery- no pain- discomfort, yes, but no pain. Stool softeners, gas x, water- those were important for me. I stayed on just Motrin, 600mg, twice a day for the first 9 days, and now, only if I'm uncomfortable. If possible, that first week, do absolutely nothing - I feel like this has been most important. It allowed me time to sincerely rest and recover for those days, and allowed my body to concentrate on healing!
Jenn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2016, 09:55 AM

Hi Tammy, How are you doing? Are you having a total hysterectomy? I'm on the fence to get cervix removed as my reg gyn and gyn oncologist don't agree and I'm stuck in limbo!

Very anxious,
Jill
Unread 02-13-2016, 10:17 AM

Well it's 3 years ago for me and I had all your symptoms. I now have my life back in an unbelievable way. I have returned to all my activities and can plan things like holidays and social events. Just be kind to yourself post surgery and you will benefit in the long term
Unread 02-13-2016, 12:43 PM
Hysterectomy scheduled 2/17 - nervous and lots of questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones73 View Post
I'm scheduled for a partial hysterectomy on 2/17, but have been advised it could turn into a complete hysterectomy. I'm okay with that. I am nervous about the surgery in general. To date, I just feel horrible on a daily basis - fatigue, nausea, irritability, back pain, cramping. I have more bad days than good. Do or did any of you have any of these symptoms and did they improve with surgery?

Thanks!
I'm 6 days post op and while I'm tired and feel a bit nauseous, I haven't been in this little pain in a very long time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register