What next? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-12-2004, 12:10 AM
What next?

Hi all! Sorry to be posting yet another question, but I am getting frustrated. I went back to doc last Wed for heavy discharge, (I had silver nitrate for granulation 10 days previously.)She found granulation that was the size of a pinhead and nitrated it again, I was told that the amount of discharge was unusual for the size. I'm still having heavy discharge. I am supposed to go back Friday to have it rechecked. How many times can they use nitrate to treat it? What do they do after the nitrate? Are there any serious complications I should worry about from the granulation? I'm sorry if this email is written in a way that doesn't make sense but I'm dead tired yet unable to sleep because of night sweats. Thanks again for all input!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2004, 03:56 AM
What next?

Hi Crystal,

I don't have any answers regarding how many times silver nitrate can be used, but wanted to send you some s . I can understand your frustration, but it sounds like your Dr. is staying in close contact with you and monitoring your situation.

I was several months post-op when I developed an area of granulation that my Dr. treated with silver nitrate. I only needed one treatment, but I did have a 'yucky' discharge from the treatment that lasted for around 10 days.

It might help you to have a written list with your questions and concerns at your next Drs. appointment. I have found that a list will help me to remember all that I want to ask because I find it easy to get sidetracked and end up forgetting something. Then you can jot down the answers which you can refer to while thinking about them afterwards.

Best wishes and more s
Unread 09-12-2004, 03:10 PM
What next?

Crystal:
I seen many posts where sisters have had 2 or more treatments of the silver nitrate. Tina is right...your doctor sounds like he/she is on the ball with this. Consider it a journey that is going to take some time. I only had to have one silver nitrate dosage but I had other issues too. At 13 1/2 weeks things are starting to get better. Best wishes to you!
Cathy
Unread 09-12-2004, 05:50 PM
What next?

Thanks for all of your support!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register