I'm home..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm home..... I'm home.....

Unread 04-11-2006, 09:00 AM
I'm home.....

I made it. Went in on Thursday, surgery was supposed to be from an hour to an hour and half. I was under for 4 and half hours. I has bleeding heavy on my right side. Had to get blood . They didn't tell my family there was any problems. Told DH I was in recovery and would be another half hour everything time he asked.
Friday morning had a small panic attack. I could not get up from the bed and think the morphine had something to do with it. I had tons on family come by Friday and I was feeling great.
Saturday I woke up and felt like a truck hit me and then back up and hit me again. . One of the associate DR's came to see me and a little later my Dr came in her gym clothes to check on me. She is wonderful. They order another blood test. My hemg. was at 8 after the surgery and on Saturday it was 7. So I was not allowed do any walking. So the GAS was killing me. I had to have more blood given to me.
Still a little weak. Unable to walk around a lot. DH is the best. Really fell like a princess.
FYI I didn't get the granny panties and really need them. Sent DH to get some today. Also silky pj are great to slide out of bed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2006, 12:39 PM
I'm home.....

Hi Aissa 19
Welcome home! I'm sorry to hear about the blood loss. I was about a 7 when I came out of surgery too and I know how drained you must feel. I couldn't do much walking either. Everytime they tried to get me up in the castle I would faint. I just had to do a little at a time until I could get my strength built back up. I found once the bleeding was stopped it was pretty easy to get those numbers up with an iron supplement and lots of iron-rich food. I found that Total cereal is great because is it full of iron and also a good source of fiber.
I hope you are feeling better each day. I'm so glad to hear your dh is being attentive. Keep us posted on your progress.
's,Rita
Unread 04-11-2006, 12:51 PM
I'm home.....

I didn't get the granny panties either, go boxer briefs instead and they are bothering me to the point I am thinking about going comando because I am not bleeding and have no discharge, my comfy pants are bothering me to so I am going to switch to a nightgown. I am a Victoria Secret VIP so the granny panties really frighten me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2006, 01:29 PM
I'm home.....

Welcome Home! I was in surgery for 3 hours as I had 3 grapefruit size fribroids and he just couldn't get those bad boys out! My dh got a little worried.... My hemoglobin was low too but the dr chose not to transfuse. I am taking some ferrous sulfate (on my own) and multivitamin and am eating great. I just figure now that I won't have those nasty periods anymore (some days I felt like I lost my spleen, my liver and everything else)- sorry so graphic- it'll build back up again. I just cannot bring myself to wear any granny panties. I am more of a thong person myself (surgery or not!) Maybe too much info??? Just a clue - use soft gel ice paks on your incision - over your pjs or sweats. It really helps. And again Welcome Home!!!
Unread 04-11-2006, 04:24 PM
I'm home.....

Welcome home! I needed a blood transfusion the day after surgery. My hemoglobin went down to a six. They couldn't tell me why. So I stayed another day. Now, at 5 wks I'm feeling strong! Rest, and you'll feel better and better. Good luck to you.
Unread 04-11-2006, 04:30 PM
I'm home.....

Sorry you had such a hard time at the ! Hope you are feeling better soon. I got Hanes bikini briefs that are low cut and don't rub on my incisions....LAVH so 4 small ones. Wore those until 2 days ago and have been wearing my thongs again.....love those Carefree liners for thong undies as I'm still having some slight discharge.

preciouspearl ~
Great tip on the Total! I've been pushing fluids and juices and taking stool softeners. Usually have oatmeal or granola type cereals but that would be a nice change and it would help with the bowels!
Unread 04-11-2006, 05:02 PM
I'm home.....

welcome home... a painful start to a better life... ok I read that somewhere... and I am not at that point yet... but we both will be soon enough!

karenann
Unread 04-11-2006, 05:14 PM
I'm home.....

welcome to a new and improved better life, good healing vibes sent your way, good luck and best wishes

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register