First day back at work.. a few tips - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First day back at work..  a few tips First day back at work.. a few tips

Unread 12-20-2006, 01:36 PM
First day back at work.. a few tips

I took off for 8 weeks and my insurance company told me i should stay out for 2 more weeks but i went back on 11/27/2006 and I felt great and i have not had any problems since my surgery. The real reward after the surgeries is no more PERIODS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2006, 09:30 PM

I am a teacher and when scheduling surgery I made sure I looked at the calendar. I will have had 8 weeks by the time I go back to work. I am not sure that will even be enough. I am on my feet most of the day. ( I teach 6th grade and need to be on my toes! ) I realize I am lucky to be able to have these weeks off........but my body is telling me I have been through major changes! For once, I intend on doing what's best for me!
Unread 12-21-2006, 12:11 AM

Thank you for the tip, I also have a desk job, and a rolling chair. But no elevator. I dont go back to work till January 2nd. I will be 6 weeks on December 28th. I am worried about it. I also have a stressful job that is very busy. I wish that I could be out just a little longer. But I am out of insurance now, and will be using up the rest of my vacation time and some sick days. Like I said I have a stressfull job and am worried about that. I am going to the doctor on Friday, and am going to ask about how to handle that. Good luck to everyone that is returning to work!
Unread 12-21-2006, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msb1
I go back to work next Tuesday, the day after Christmas. Some days I think I can other days I'm don't know how I'm going to do it. I will be one day shy of 3 weeks. I've been working from home most days anyways. I'll remember the chair when I get there!
You don't want to do that because that is way too early. I am a school teacher, and I went in a couple of days to get my semester grades in the computer, and I also had to get all of my year end chores completed. It was very hard, and I have a full time assistant in my SpEd classroom, and she would not even let me tie my own shoe. I came home those evenings in excessive pain because I had pushed my limits with sitting upright and even walking. I did not drive myself, or lift anything at all above 5 lbs, so I did not hurt myself other than not allowing myself time to rest, but you really have not healed enough to go back so soon. Good Luck to all my sisters on their adventures back to work.
Unread 12-21-2006, 06:37 AM

Hi Laurie,

I'm a teacher too and I was given 6 weeks for a LAVH. We need to really be fully recovered when we go back since once we're back everything will be in full swing. I'm worried about having the energy to do it! But, I made it through many days teaching doubled over in pain from my periods, so I think I'll be fine.
Unread 12-22-2006, 10:11 AM
The end of the first week

TGIF!!!! I survived the week.

I do have to let everyone know that the reason I haven't posted back is because I was so exhausted every day that I came home that I didn't even go online.

Monday I got home at 1030pm, Tuesday at 930pm, Wednesday at 830pm, and last night I crashed at 8pm (my body finally had enough).

Please... ladies that are returning to work, ask someone to prepare dinner for you. My family at out every night this week because I was too exhausted to do anything after work. My job is very stressful and my body did not react well to the stress. I plan on spending a nice relaxing weekend and holiday before I have to return on Tuesday.

Merry Christmas to everyone, I hope Santa is very good to you!!
Unread 12-22-2006, 11:17 AM

I can imagine that first week back will be so hard! I almost with people would send meals then because it is going to be hard to have the energy to cook.
Unread 12-22-2006, 09:44 PM

I just went to the doctor today, and am released to all activities and I go back to work on January 2nd. AAAhhh!! I am nervous.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register