Help, did 'cellulitis' happen to you? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help, did 'cellulitis' happen to you? Help, did 'cellulitis' happen to you?

Unread 08-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Help, did 'cellulitis' happen to you?

Mine was a hematoma that was caused by the retractors used during surgery. My doctor explained that sometimes these utensils used during surgery can bruise the tissue and cause a hematoma. These hematoma's usually breakdown and are absorbed by the body without any problems. As the doctor in ER told me when I went in because it had drained approx. 10 oz of infection all over my bathroom floor, is that when these hematomas start to break down they are the perfect breeding ground for infection. It is dark, moist and the perfect temperature to grow bad bacteria. These hematoma's aren't usually drained as they are just a big bruise that is normally absorbed into our bodies just like a normal bruise. I was told that the infection is uncommon but not rare. I hope this helps with some of the confusion and I just know it's not something I ever want to experience again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2005, 11:15 PM
Help, did 'cellulitis' happen to you?

They did not give me an exact name for this, other than telling me a sac of fluid, and cellulitis. My doctor is going to drain it if my body hasn't absorbed it by Tuesday. At my last appt., I was told that the best thing is for it to be absorbed--they are hoping that it won't burst, and draining it is the last resort. The good news is that after just 3 doses of my new antibiotics, all the redness has gone away. I'm going to work with warm compresses all weekend and hope for the best. Thanks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register