Not Scheduled Tah | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-20-2012, 07:14 AM
Tah

Hello my sisters I am new to this site and I am very please thus far. I am 40yrs of age and have been suffing with heavy cycles since the age of 22. I never had a 5 day cycle always 7-10 day with the first 4 being very heavy. I have been on every birth control pill to slow down my cycle. Nothing works, long story short. I will be getting a TAH in June but the schedule haven't came out yet. But June is a go. I have a fibroid tumor measuring like a 17week pregnancy. I have been bleeding for about 84 days now. I am so annoyed with my problem that I stress my husband out because I vent everyday. He is very suportive and he is hanging in there it's ruff for the both of us. I will keep y'all posted of my date. I am excited but nervous st the sametime.
Matissha/ excited,nervous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2012, 05:01 PM
Re: Tah

Your emotions are very normal. As your surgery date approaches (once you get it) your emotions may intensify. This can be very scary, and your emotions may surprise you even though a pain problem will be solved. Know that it is okay to feel this way. We are here to support you, and we understand how you feel.

(((Hugs)))
Unread 04-21-2012, 06:29 PM

Hello Marestail!!! Thanks so much for the support I am really going thru. I cry when no one is around, but not because I have to get the surgery but because I have been bleeding for so long. I just want to be normal again. I mess up my clothes atleast three times a week and it's very fraustrating. But this site has really help me out alot.

(((( Hugs ))))
TAH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2012, 02:20 PM

Hi Shawntae. You will feel like a new person once the surgery is over and you have recovered from it. I had a fibroid around the same size as what you are describing (my doctor said 19 weeks), and while the recovery wasn't a cake walk (I don't want to say anything but the truth), it was much easy at every point than I thought it would be. I am so glad to finally be free of the worry, hassle, mess and bother! Best of luck!
Unread 04-22-2012, 03:14 PM

Hello Carole Ann thanks for the support it really relieve me when I read other stories that are like mine.
Unread 05-06-2012, 05:04 PM

same here, I have been bleeding for 3 months and severely weak and nausa that I can't eat. my pre-op is scheduled for tuesday..I was fighting it but now I'm so ready.
Unread 05-06-2012, 05:54 PM

Hello lady1974!!! I finally received my surgery date. I will be getting a TAH hsyterectomy on June 5,2012. I am very nervous. Good luck on your journey!!

Shawntae72
Unread 05-06-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawntae72 View Post
Hello lady1974!!! I finally received my surgery date. I will be getting a TAH hsyterectomy on June 5,2012. I am very nervous. Good luck on your journey!!

Shawntae72
Awesome, I also wish you the best on your journey. I hope my date is much sooner...I am extremely weak. I have bleed so much I barely can dress or do my hair. I need this asap. I will keep you guys posted on date. Mostly likely it will be the following week. thats how my doctor normally schedule her surgery

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register