My crazy Aunt Flo | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My crazy Aunt Flo My crazy Aunt Flo

Unread 03-25-2010, 06:56 AM
My crazy Aunt Flo

I think my Aunt Flo knows something is up.

Since i was 13 years old, she has been coming to visit on a regular basis every 25-27 days and only staying 3-5 days. Her visits where short and there was no real big problems with her.

Fast forward to about the age of 38. Aunt Flo started to be a little more unpredictable. I am not sure if it was cuz of her age and her forgetfulness, but she thought she should visit about every 20-23 days. And her stays got LONGER and she DEMANDED more from me, sometimes staying up to 10 days.

THEN....

One time she thought she would be funny and show up late, AS IN TWO WEEKS LATE!!! Which had me at 40 years old in FEAR of my life and found myself at my local grocery store at lunch time picking up TWO pregnancy tests, which thankfully were negative.

She has pulled this trick before, but she was only about 6 days late. Again, i think she is getting forgetful.

I have visited my Doctor and have a surgery set up and she came to visit me this month. I can't even tell she is here. She came in nice and quiet, not causing too many problems and by the third day, she was almost gone. Not sure what she thinks she might be up too?? Maybe she knows, and now thinks "i will change i promise". Sorry Aunt Flo, i am not falling for that..your time with me is done!

Granted i know i will pay he77 with Aunt Flo next month. She is "scheduled" to arrive within days of my surgery and i don't think she will be too happy with the new arrangement i have made without discussing it with her.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2010, 07:17 AM
Re: My crazy Aunt Flo

That was just too cute..

I know how you feel. I am scheduled for Mar. 30th and my last meeting with Aunt Flo went very smoothly. My DH said "it knows something's up, and it's saying I'll be good I promise." I am in total agreement with you, I'm not falling for that trick.

Unread 03-25-2010, 08:16 AM

You almost got me!

Mine had always caused me so much pain I did not miss her at all after 'chemically' destroyed her in my early 40's. Then just before I turned 50, I decided to tear down her house and garden so there will be no trace of memory of her...

I've been enjoying the quietness and the better look I see in the mirror... Wondered why I had tolerated her for so long...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2010, 01:05 PM

Haha, that was awesome! My Aunt Flo threw a tantrum, she put me in the hospital with all of her drama. I was happy to evict her! Now all I have to worry about is her neighbors; the Ovaries. If they keep acting up, I might just have to evict them too!
Unread 03-25-2010, 01:33 PM

Awesome post, daisyforest!

Mine loves me so much that she can't stay away! Or if she leaves, she comes right back, so that I barely have to go a week without her, ever! And she's incredibly bossy. Sometimes she makes me stay home from work because she threatens that she will "show herself" in really embarrassing ways if I go out in public. She sometimes forces me to spend extra time in the bathroom because changing pads and tampons that often is just plain pointless. She makes me cranky with the people I love the most in this world, and she makes me miss out on fun things. Or she shows up and wrecks the party.

But boy do I have a surprise in store for her!!!
Unread 03-25-2010, 01:46 PM

lol that was very cute. I'm hoping my Aunt Flo takes a hint from her and goes nice and easy on me too. Unfortunately I get 2 more visits from her before the big eviction day.
Unread 03-25-2010, 02:04 PM

Ouch!!! My stitches!! *hold belly while laughing* Now, I gotta pee too LoL what a great thread!! Aunt Flo came to visit right before surgery, early!! She wasn't nice... she was a bitter old woman, strong enough to sock it to me real hard, one last time! It was like she was telling she wasn't leaving without a fight!! Well, I fought the law and I WON!!! No bleeding after surgery either... just a few spots! YaY!!

Good luck girls.... Soon this will all feel like a dream

~Hugs
Unread 03-25-2010, 02:18 PM

You gals crack me up!!!
Unread 03-25-2010, 02:27 PM

My Aunt Flo came to visit 13 days ago and this wicked woman is reassuring me on my decision. She is very intense and is very upset that she has an eviction date in exactly 3 weeks. The cramps are very intense and every day the bleeding gets heavier instead of lighter (sigh) At least she's giving me 1 last bang to remember all the reasons I am going through with my decision.
Unread 03-25-2010, 03:04 PM

After Aunt Flo is buried on April 27, I will give away her support (pads and tampons) and have a bonfire for the rest (period panties).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register