New User | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-03-2004, 05:30 PM
New User

Hello all you hystersisters.
I'm new to this site and I think it is a wonderful way to share feelings and experiences. It is comforting to share your personal information with others who are in the same or similar situations. My TAH with ovaries removed is set for May 17th. As you might guess, I'm nervous but have been reading a lot of your posts and find them most informative. I've been reading books and getting info. off the Internet and it's amazing how much I've learned about hysterectomies since last Feb. when I learned it was necessary for me to have one. I have multiple fibroids, one of which in Feb. was 9 cm. and is sitting on my bladder. That means frequent trips to the bathroom. Also have stomach pressure and cramps with severe back pain. I have mixed emotions--am anxious to have the surgery to be closer to feeling better and am nervous about the surgery itself (maybe complications). Oh well, I'm glad to have found this site and welcome responses. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2004, 06:28 PM
New User

Hi there
Welcome to hystersisters! The friendship and suport you will find here are amazing.

Ask anything you like, and someone will likely have an answer for you. Just wanted to say hi, and send you a big

Tam
Unread 05-03-2004, 06:57 PM
New User

Hi Tam,
When is your surgery? Tell me about yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2004, 07:06 PM
New User

Hi, and a warm welcome to HS were you'll find a very supportive group of women eager to share their experiences and just be there for you if and when you may need that. As you may expect it is very normal to feel somewhat anxious, you will be having major surgery afterall. Since knowledge can empower; it is great that you are getting informed about your operation, etc. As a new LIW if you have not done so yet, you may want to check out the pre-op and post-op articles and here are links to them:
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsl...s=&forumid=170
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsl...s=&forumid=171
You might also want to look at "new here?" and "resources" which can be found by going to the top of this page; they are just below the HS logo.
I hope you come back often with any questions and perhaps in the furture you may consider sharing your experiences with those who will follow. s and blessings, peggiesue
Unread 05-03-2004, 07:08 PM
New User

Welcome to HysterSisters! There is tons of information, advice, support, and s when you need them.

Check out the PreOp Hints and Articles (click here) which has lists of questions for your DR, previous discussions about topics such as whether to keep the ovaries and/or cervix, suggestions of things to take to the hospital with you, and lots more!

Also the PostOp Articles (click here) has lots of good advice about your recovery.

Princess Stories (click here) is just that - chronicles of the journey leading to the decision to have a hyst, the hospital experience, and recovery.

There is also an awesome resource link directory you can get to by clicking here or click Resources at the top of each page.You may want to check out the Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives Board (click here) at the top there is a great list with links to all kinds of alternatives.

Please be sure to read the info New Here? which can also be accessed from the top of every screen, for important information to help you get the most out of this site.

Read and research as much as possible to help you and your DR make the best choices for you.

Best wishes!

ps: please update your profile and add your surgery date so you will be on the calendar and we can be sure to send you special good wishes as your date approaches. It also makes it easier to reply to posts by being able to see if you’re pre or post op, and by how much. Thanks!
Unread 05-08-2004, 10:35 AM
I am also new....

I have been reading hyster sisters since nov. 2003 before I had my myomectomy. Hyster Sisters really made me feel at ease with the pre-op and post-op because I was not alone. On June 1, 2004, I am scheduled to have a super cervical hysterectomy. What I need to know is..what pain medications worked for you brave women?
Unread 05-08-2004, 10:51 AM
New User

Welcome 2sweetsue, like you Im fairly new to this site but let me tell you these people are wonderful, very toughtful and caring. I love just reading the experiences some of these women have gone through and it is very helpful.
Good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register