spoke too soon... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

spoke too soon... spoke too soon...

Unread 06-12-2006, 02:43 PM
spoke too soon...

ok...so here i was, happily going along...recovering at what seems a really good pace and bam! suddenly in more pain again and having weird sensations or lack thereof.

now i seem to recall threads about numbness but of course, didn't think it applied to me, so i skipped them. silly me. perhaps i am noticing numbness because it is wearing off in some places?? anyway, belly is still sore, tingly and now burning at times. between bikini cut and belly is the numb area...which numb may not be the right word...it's getting pins and needle type sensations at time and nothing at other times.

worse yet is that i am noticing that walking is getting more painful again...kind of deep pain...hard to describe.

have i lost my mind??? does anyone have any clue what i'm talking about?

i've barely been taking over the counter stuff but today have resorted to my stash of nurofen plus from england (ibuprofen with a bit of codeine).

any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2006, 02:54 PM
spoke too soon...

Hi New York I know what you are going through I am 4 wks post op and still have numbness in my incision. Some days are better than others. I hope it passes soon for you.
Unread 06-12-2006, 03:30 PM
spoke too soon...

Hi NewYorkgal, I had the deep intense pain after I did too much. Was at a family funeral, and between calling hours and the funeral next day, I was on my feet way too much! Was in so much pain I had to go to bed and stay horizontal 18 hours straight. Maybe you are doing to much? Rest, and if you don't feel better in the AM, call the MD. Hugs, Carolyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2006, 03:31 PM
spoke too soon...

Hi NY gal -
I thought the pins and needles sensation were the nerves re-attaching themselves back together. We all need to remember that our bodies have gone through a very traumatic surgery and its going to take time to feel like ourselves again. I get all sorts of weird pains and sometimes they stop me in my tracks but figure that they are my insides healing. Now if I ever had excruciating pain believe me I would be on the phone with the DR asap.
I hope you feel better soon!
HUGS
Unread 06-12-2006, 06:43 PM
spoke too soon...

thanks everyone. yes i had heard from someone else that the pins/needles and numbness might be nerves trying to figure out what to do with themselves.

and perhaps i have done too much. made the mistake of saying yes when a friend offered to come from england to visit. she was here for a week (just left an hour ago) and wasn't much help at all...actually found myself taking care of her...and she's a bloody doctor!!

off my feet now and will stay that way for a while. if i'm still in pain tomorrow i'll call the doc.

thanks for the support. i'll be honest, i was getting to the end of my rope this morning and almost lost it on the subway.
Unread 06-13-2006, 06:38 PM
spoke too soon...

Newyorkgal, Rest...You deserve it! Feel better! Carolyn
Unread 06-17-2006, 05:26 PM
spoke too soon...

Hi NY,

How is it going? I hope your help is helping! I wanted to say that the numbness (not pins/needles) is still there for me 2ys 2mos post-op. I am starting to think it will always be this way. I have gotten used to it. If that is the worst, I will take it! Again, if you need anything, just yell

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register