Sick &Tired of Being Sick & Tired | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sick &Tired of Being Sick & Tired Sick &Tired of Being Sick & Tired

Unread 10-25-2006, 10:31 AM
Sick &Tired of Being Sick & Tired

Hello Sisters,
It's been awhile since I have posted. I just need to vent about being sick and tired of being sick and tired.

It started in September with pain in my lower abdomen. Dr. ordered urine analysis and the lab "misplaced" my results. My dr. finally got them 4 weeks after test and it showed blood in my urine so dr. put me on antiobiotics for UTI. After a 7 day course of meds, the pain got worse and my right kidney started to bother me. Dr. ordered another urine analysis and blood work. The blood work came back normal, but the urine test showed a higher count of blood in urine then the first test. Dr. ordered CT of stomach. I got those results yesterday and it showed that I have kidney stones in my "left" kidney (right kidney is clean but that is where the pain is), and I have pneumonia (who would have thought). Anyway, I see my PCP tomorrow for pneumonia and the Urologist who assisted by OB/GYN in surgery on Monday. My OB/GYN doesn't think the high blood count is all to explain the blood in my urine. He thinks that the sutures around my bladder may have "preferated" the bladder. In other words, someone screwed up and may have nicked my bladder during surgery (or so the nurse has told me). It is almost 18 weeks since my surgery and I should be feeling like I could run a marathon, but all I feel is sick and tired of being sick and tired. Due to all of this, my bladder is still not working properly. I can hold my bladder when it is full, but I cannot completely eliminate it and I leak (a lot), when I sneeze, cough, walk to fast, or lay down. It is worse then before I had the surgery.

The initial reason for my surgery was a bladder and uterus repair, but once they opened me up, they found all kinds of problems with my cervix, uterus, tubes and ovaries and had to take everything out. I was aware of this chance before surgery so I thought I knew what I was getting myself into before I went under the knife. But I honestly expected to feel good by this time (almost 18 weeks post-op).

I am so frustrated with my health at this point that I could scream. I just want to feel good again. I was suppose to go to CT this weekend for my daughter's ice hockey tournament, but have passed because I don't think I can take the drive. Other parents have offered to take her, but she stated that she wants to stay home with me to make sure that I am ok. She's a great kid and I couldn't asked for a better child (even though we butt heads a lot).

Thank you all for letting me vent!!!! Putting my frustrations into writing does help.

God Bless All of You,

Sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2006, 11:09 AM

I'm so sorry you are suffering from what seem to be complications from your surgery. It's terrible to be suffering from physical ailments, but it's even worse the emotional issues we have to deal with as part of this experience. I hope the doctors can finally get this resolved for you. Best wishes to you. My heart goes out to you during this hard time.
Unread 10-25-2006, 11:11 AM

Dear Sharon,

I'm so sorry you're still not feeling well. I hope things get better soon.

Please take care.

Peaches
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2006, 05:01 PM

I'm so sorry you're going through so much right now. I know all too well the frustration of not feeling better when you think you "should". But considering how much you've been through since your surgery, I can't say I'm surprised that you're so run down. Actually, I think you're doing amazingly well!

Here's to brighter days ahead. I hope your appointment tomorrow goes well and that improvement is seen very soon. We're all here pulling for you!

I wish I could do more than send a cyberhug but that's all I can do right now.
Unread 10-25-2006, 05:15 PM

I'm so sorry you are feeling so terrible!!
Unread 10-25-2006, 09:15 PM

Sharon, I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. How frustrating to have all those things happen...arrrggh! After my original surgery for a HYST with bladder repairs+ TOT, I felt like I had traded one set of problems for another and I was none too thrilled myself. I'm sure you are very anxious to see what your urologist says on Monday. I just wanted to let you know we have a Bladder Matters forum here on HysterSisters and many ladies post about problems with similar things. Please feel free to come over and check it out. We do welcome everyone who has any concerns with their urinary tract. Hope you get your answers ASAP....
Unread 10-25-2006, 09:22 PM

Ditto what the other sisters have said! Just wanted to send some warm fuzzies your way -- sounds like you need them!

Hang in there! Better days are on the horizon!!!! Promise!!!!!

Big hugs to you!!!!
monami

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register