too woozy to search but...swelly belly following LAVH? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

too woozy to search but...swelly belly following LAVH? too woozy to search but...swelly belly following LAVH?

Unread 09-24-2007, 11:19 AM
too woozy to search but...swelly belly following LAVH?

i'm still on pain meds (LAVH 9/20/07) and too woozy to search much, but i was wondering if anyone else has had the swelly belly following a lap procedure?

i was expecting some swelling bc it was surgery, but no where near this...i look 6-7m pregnant (per my dh and best friend...i'm ok with that and appreciate their honesty, btw...nothing bad in being told an honest answer to my question.)

i was wondering how long to expect this to last? my recovery is thus far uneventful and calm...no complications at all thus far. the swelly belly is just not something i was prepared to have. i have the tummy pillow and am using a rice pillow (long, narrow muslin inner covered with removable fleece outer, infused with lavender...YUMMY. i make these and used them a lot for menstrual issues...) heated up along the base of my belly.

other suggestions? how long will it last? no fever or complications to note...just curious about the swelling.

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2007, 11:43 AM

I had LAVH and kept both ovaries.

I had swelly belly pretty badly for a couple of weeks, and then progressively less swelly belly the 3rd and 4th weeks post op. One of the reasons you have it is because they pump your belly full of air when they do lap surgery.

I found that Gas-X helped, as did Colace and Metamucil. Moving things along your intestinal tract seemed to lessen the effects of the swelly belly.
Unread 09-24-2007, 11:56 AM

I had a LAVH in May. The swelly belly was odd, I had it badly for the first few days and then I noticed it more when I did too much. I could feel it swell! I kind of used that as a guage as to how I was doing. I too felt really groggy that first week, I was amazed at how much I could sleep and then still be tired! It does get better though! Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register