LAVH 6 weeks post op - what is going on with me? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 weeks post op - what is going on with me? 6 weeks post op - what is going on with me?

Unread 05-11-2012, 07:15 PM
6 weeks post op - what is going on with me?

I have really had an easy recovery, which I am very thankful for. However, this week I have felt terrible! The fatigue is sooo severe. The past 2 days I have napped twice (2 naps both days), which is so not like me. Today I went and got my hair cut and the whole time I am thinking how I can't wait to get home and go back to bed (this is at 1:00). I just saw my OB on Wednesday & we talked about a possible UTI, but the culture came back negative. My bladder is killing me (I also have IC) and I am sure it's from all of the coffee and iced tea i have been drinking, trying to get some extra energy. I've been taking Percocet for the bladder pain and it is hardly taking away the pain.

Last weekend I was at Costco and lifted 2 cases of water. Ever since then, I have not been feeling good. I know many of you will say I have been doing too much, but I do not understand why, at 6 weeks post op, I feel so crappy. It makes sense to me at 2 weeks, even at 4 weeks, but I am recovered, aren't I?
My OB said I am healing great & that I have had a textbook recovery! I haven't gone back to work yet...mostly because I don't want to ...that's a whole 'nother issue. My daughter just turned 14 and her moods are sucking the life out of me...i guess my body could be reacting to the emotional stress?

I just don't get why I felt so good and then now I can't function without at least 1 nap!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Re: 6 weeks post op - what is going on with me?

Try putting your feet up and resting with a heating pad on your belly. Also, take OTC Azo Standard for the bladder pain. If it does not get better then please call your doctor as you may have something else going on that is causing your bladder to ache. I know it seems like at 6 weeks you should be able to lift anything but remember you had major surgery and your body may not be fully healed yet.
Unread 05-11-2012, 09:47 PM

If you're tired you need to rest!

For me at 6 weeks, I wasn't really leaving the house, and wasn't driving. You're already way ahead of where I was! :-)

It takes time, little by little you'll get there. >hugs<
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2012, 09:53 PM

You weren't driving or leaving the house at 6 weeks? Did you have compkications? I would be going insane if I wasn't getting out and driving myself around. I have had the energy to do stuff since the 3/4 week, so that is why I don't understand why I am tired NOW. Does that make sense? I guess i have in my mind that 6 weeks is long enough and it's time to get back to being my regular ole self!
Unread 05-11-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercream View Post
I have really had an easy recovery, which I am very thankful for. However, this week I have felt terrible! The fatigue is sooo severe. The past 2 days I have napped twice (2 naps both days), which is so not like me. Today I went and got my hair cut and the whole time I am thinking how I can't wait to get home and go back to bed (this is at 1:00). I just saw my OB on Wednesday & we talked about a possible UTI, but the culture came back negative. My bladder is killing me (I also have IC) and I am sure it's from all of the coffee and iced tea i have been drinking, trying to get some extra energy. I've been taking Percocet for the bladder pain and it is hardly taking away the pain.

Last weekend I was at Costco and lifted 2 cases of water. Ever since then, I have not been feeling good. I know many of you will say I have been doing too much, but I do not understand why, at 6 weeks post op, I feel so crappy. It makes sense to me at 2 weeks, even at 4 weeks, but I am recovered, aren't I?
My OB said I am healing great & that I have had a textbook recovery! I haven't gone back to work yet...mostly because I don't want to ...that's a whole 'nother issue. My daughter just turned 14 and her moods are sucking the life out of me...i guess my body could be reacting to the emotional stress?

I just don't get why I felt so good and then now I can't function without at least 1 nap!
I'm almost at 6 weeks and have felt like crap this week as well. I've been quite sore and my hormones have been out of control the last few days. Like you, I felt better and this week has really zapped me. I also have a 14 (almost 15) year old and that can be exhausting by itself (without recovery). I see the doctor on Monday and assume they will release me to return to work - I think my job will have a stroke if they don't. I'm a bit concerned about it because I still feel so wiped out. Since I'm a manager I know that I will be faced with some monumental things which can be overwhelming. I'm just going to have to do what I can do and oh well. You might try some cranberry juice to see if that helps with the bladder issues. I hope you feel better soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register