an embarrassing question...please help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

an embarrassing question...please help an embarrassing question...please help

Unread 05-25-2005, 08:27 AM
an embarrassing question...please help

hi ladies..i didn't know where to go with this question so of course i am posting here trying to get some personal questions answered..as most of you know i had lsh,rectocele and episiotomy repairs done may 9. The hysterectomy has been a breeze..really. The repairs are killing me slowly.....at least thats how it feels. This is kinds gross but..here goes. ok, I have been having alot of pain. The area were the incision was done in my perenium is fine and pain free on one side..but the other side is swollen,red,raw and feels like a shock if i touch it or move the wrong way. It feels like its going to rip...there is a huge bulge there too, but only on one side of the stitches and its closer to my rectum. I don't see the doc til tom. but am in tears at the thought of waiting until then.( he isn't in the office today) The doc said monday i prob tore some stiches..but that just doesn't sound right to me...hhmmm? Does it sound to you guys that my repairs failed? and looking w/ a mirror ..the episiotomy repair area doesn't look any better than it did before surgery. It actually looks like my perenium is smaller than before...which was the main reason for the episiotomy repair in the first place..it looks like my vaginal opening is twice as long as before. aahhh!~ any input would be much appreciated..thank you , me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2005, 08:36 AM

I dont have an answer for you, just wanted you to know that I sympathize with you. I know it is hard not to worry, try to rest and let us know what you find out at the dr.
Unread 05-25-2005, 08:39 AM

My episiotomy hurt the worst of all my repairs and hysterectomy. It was red and swollen to one side. One particular stitch seem to hurt the worst. The skin kind of bunched up around it. And it was very tender long after the other stitched healed and came out. Everything feels fine down there now and looks like normal.

You should definitley let the dr. check you out.

Donna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register