SPANX - swelly belly | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

SPANX - swelly belly SPANX - swelly belly

Unread 07-30-2005, 09:26 AM
SPANX - swelly belly

I had seen different endorsements for SPANX (support panties,panty hose, long line support) and decided to try them. I bought the power panties and I love them!!!
Besides giving great abdominal support for swelly belly they slim your butt and thighs. What could be better !?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2005, 09:02 PM
SPANX - swelly belly

I haven't tried the SPANX, but I have a few pairs of light control panties. By the end of the day my stomach gets sore from swelling and then being restricted in the panties. Is it better to keep wearing support even if it gets sore? Someone told me that if you go commando, especially after having a TAH like I did, that your uterus can fall. Anyone have any input on that?
Unread 07-30-2005, 10:35 PM
SPANX - swelly belly

Hi! How can your uterus fall if you've had a TAH?

Warmly, Judi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2005, 08:16 PM
SPANX - swelly belly

OOPS!! Shame on me! I meant my bladder!! Lets try again!!
Unread 07-31-2005, 09:23 PM
SPANX - swelly belly

Now, I hope I have this straight... "going commando" means wearing support panties or support pantyhose or light girdles? I've never heard about support making a bladder fall from what a woman wears after surgery. How does a person know when their bladder falls? Are there certain symptoms to watch out for? I'm wearing some lightweight Skimp Skamps by Bali. I still get a sore swelly belly, in the evenings, from time to time. I thought it was from not getting enough support in the tummy and/or from overdoing. So, I ordered some JMS tummy control briefs. What's better for us to do for our tummies so we can avoid a fallen bladder?

I'm learning so much here!
Thanks! Judi
Unread 08-01-2005, 02:57 PM
SPANX - swelly belly

no boo, "going comando" means wearing no (on my lawd!) underpants!
The Spanx worked wonders for me until it just got too darn hot here this month, so back to the "baggy white panties"
Unread 08-01-2005, 06:56 PM
SPANX - swelly belly

Does "going commando" prevent swelly belly from happening as much?

Every bit of info helps!
Thank you!
Warmly, Judi
Unread 08-02-2005, 05:53 PM
SPANX - swelly belly

I think wearing support panties is supposed to help to keep the swelling down some and if what I was told is correct, is supposed to help keep your bladder in place so it doesnt drop (is the right term prolapse?) or have you end up having a "bladder sling". When I wear support, I still swell enough that my stomach hurts from being pressed against the support. Its alot more comfortable to not wear anything under my pants, but I worry that having no support will cause problems as internal organs shift around now that they have more room. Is this a realistic concern?
Unread 08-02-2005, 06:17 PM
SPANX - swelly belly

i just wear normal undies, if i wear clothes too tight i hurt like ^&**^% in the evening. My belly is alot smaller in the morning and then tends to swell as the day go on but no way in heck would i wear something tight ouch!!
Paula

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register