vaginal cuff and/or stitches very painful? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

vaginal cuff and/or stitches very painful? vaginal cuff and/or stitches very painful?

Unread 03-27-2006, 04:40 PM
vaginal cuff and/or stitches very painful?

Gosh, this is one pain after another. Now I am having severe pain inside vaginal,where cuff and stitches are,called my dr said sounds normal for this stage. Did or does anyon have severe pain here too. I feel like I have had 10 babies in a row and my episiodomy has split to my ears. I thInk drs should warn you about total hysterctomies like saying, I am going to do a satanic torture procedure on you and for the next 6 to 8 weeks your pelvic and vaginal area will be possessed with evil demons and that it will take a powerful exorsium to make you well. I know that sounds so over board,but it is what hysterectomies remind me of. So back to the internal vaginal cuff pain,anyone felt the same?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2006, 05:05 PM

The vaginal cuff pain was my one and only chief complaint. My vaginal cuff pressure didn't leave until around the 9th week. I always felt like I was walking around with a rug burn to my cuff, and that was due to a granuloma and then granulation tissue, so if it persist after your Dr. releases you around 6 weeks give them a call back to make sure nothing else is going on. I also wasn't taking any pain meds (prescription) or over the counter either, so perhaps something like that can ease it up some. You can atleast discuss it with the Dr. to see. Take care and ((HUGS))
Unread 03-27-2006, 05:35 PM
vaginal cuff

thanks,I will make sure I ask my dr more about this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2006, 10:39 PM

Dear dawn2139,
I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time of it. Reading your post I just thought, this doesn't sound normal at all. Has your dr seen you and checked you at all since your surgery? Did you have a LAVH? If so I just can't imagine what would have you in such pain after almost 4 weeks. I'm not trying to scare you, but I just want to caution you not to settle for not being seen if this pain continues like this.
I had the vaginal hyst with repairs and didn't experience the kind of pain you seem to be describing, discomfort, yes, but not this kind of pain. The only thing I can think of would is if you are trying to do way more than you ought to be doing. Sometimes we can cause this some pretty severe pain by being up and trying to carry on like we didn't have surgery. Have you been doing things too soon that could be contributing to this?

I feel that you have a right to have your fears put to rest, even if you find out in the end it was something normal. If you don't feel right about what is happening with your body you should say so and not feel badly about it. Please let us know what you find out. I hope you will feel better soon.
's,Rita
Unread 03-28-2006, 08:07 AM
vaginal cuff pain/stitches

I am new to this,I do not know what all the intials stand for. I had a total hysterectomy,vaginal incision,1 in my belly button and 2 like over where my overies were. I had everything taken out. I have seen the dr when I was at 2 weeks,said everything looked fine. Go back today at 1pm. I am feeling better today. Called dr over weekend,she stated must of done too much,stay off my feet. I did go grocery shopping,husband pushed and picked up everything.But I guess the walking was too much,Dr said off my feet 3 more weeks.Let's see what happends today at appt. This site is great. Thanks for responding
Unread 03-28-2006, 08:12 AM

(((Dawn)))
LAVH is a laproscopically assisted vaginal hysterectomy. It sounds like that is what you had. I'm glad you are going in today. It sounds as if you might have been doing too much. I hope you get a good report. Please let us know what you find out.
's,Rita
Unread 03-28-2006, 08:30 AM

I thought I was really cool a few nights ago and was dancing in the kitchen with a couple of my kids...they had the music on and I just didn't think about it.

Let me tell ya, I was really hurting after that, the pain felt like it was in the cuff.

I hope your dr. is right and you just overdid, but I am glad you are getting seen because the pain your describing is worse than what I have experiance with my LAVH (that is what you had from what you describe)Let us know how it goes!
Betts
Unread 03-28-2006, 08:33 AM

I hope your appointment goes well today and that they find that you've just over done it. Are you running a fever also?
Unread 03-28-2006, 03:32 PM

Just got back fr dr said everything looks good.I do feel better today,also rcvd path report,no cancer,which is great.Did have very large fibroid in uterus,my right ovary basicly exploded and dr stated something was growing in left tube,patholigist did all kinds test,they still do not know what it was.But it is all gone now and once I get over all this post op torture I will be great!! Have lost 40 lbs since all this,that has made me happy,need about 50 more off though!! It sure does help to have a site to go to and talk to women who are going through the same things!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register