Got my results from Hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Got my results from Hysterectomy Got my results from Hysterectomy

Unread 10-20-2007, 07:42 AM
Got my results from Hysterectomy

Hi, my name is Jamie and I am 31 yrs old. I got diagnosed with endo in 2001 andhad 9 surgeries since then. I just had a complete hysterectomy on Oct 8th. I went yesterday for checkup an to get results form the stuff they took out. Dr. said I had adenymosis in my uterus and also Dysplasia in my cervix and uterus. He says now I have nothing to be worried about because it was all taken out since they removed both organs. He described dysplasia as cancer cells., could that spread? Should I be worried? I'm really confused,also now I have an urinary tract infection and he put me on antibiotics yesterday,if he had put me on antibiotics right after surgery this would have never happened. I'm just really disgusted, any advice wouldbe great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2007, 02:39 PM

Hi Jamie,
I had my surgery the same day you did! Dysplacia is a general term for bad cells and if they are left untreated, they can spread and become cancerous. But since you have had that entire area removed, I wouldn't worry!

I was diagnosed with dysplacia, had a LEEP procedure on my cervix to remove it but unfortunately it had already become cancerous.

I had a radical hysterectomy and my doctor says I am now 100% cancer free.

Try googling 'cervical dysplacia" and you will find a lot of information.

Good luck and don't worry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamylee76
Hi, my name is Jamie and I am 31 yrs old. I got diagnosed with endo in 2001 andhad 9 surgeries since then. I just had a complete hysterectomy on Oct 8th. I went yesterday for checkup an to get results form the stuff they took out. Dr. said I had adenymosis in my uterus and also Dysplasia in my cervix and uterus. He says now I have nothing to be worried about because it was all taken out since they removed both organs. He described dysplasia as cancer cells., could that spread? Should I be worried? I'm really confused,also now I have an urinary tract infection and he put me on antibiotics yesterday,if he had put me on antibiotics right after surgery this would have never happened. I'm just really disgusted, any advice wouldbe great.
Unread 10-20-2007, 06:03 PM

Hi
Thanks so much, it just really worries me. I have had so many surgeries and they had taken my tubes,and an ovary out prior to my hysterectomy. I had to beg my dr. to do the hysterectomy,he didn't want to because of my age. I have 1 son and my husband and I just recently adopted my sisters 3 boys. They are ages 10,6 and 3 and our son is 8, so you see, we didn't want any more children. I just wanted the pain to go away. I will google that and thanks again.......
Jamie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2007, 07:35 AM

Hi Jamie

It sounds like your surgery was a success. I don't think you need to be concerned any further about your dysplasia since it was all removed. UTI's are common after surgery. Most likely you were given antibiotics through your IV during surgery, but having the catheter and irritating the urethra can cause the UTI. This is about the point where feeling frustrated with recovery starts to set in. It's normal. This recovery is a long process, but one day very soon you're going to wake up and be able to notice a real improvement. Try to look back on how you felt last week, and I think you'll see how far you've come already. Hang in there. It's going to get better.

Tracy
Unread 10-21-2007, 07:44 AM

jamylee, i'm sorry to hear you've got a uti, and i hope your recovery goes more smoothly as the days progress. as for the cervical dysplasia, it's also called 'pre-cancer', so it means it's been removed early and that's a good thing. there's been some opinions posted here about the hpv vaccine, but the important thing for you to remember is that since you have hpv (hpv is what causes cervical dysplasia and cervical cancer), you will want to keep up with your regular pap smears, even after the hysterectomy, to be sure the dysplasia does not return. the surgery removes the dysplasia, but the virus remains with us. and the only thing i'll add here regarding hpv is to try to encourage you and support you to understand that there is nothing 'wrong' with having hpv, and only by women becoming educated and knowledgeable will the stigma go away. best wishes.
Unread 10-21-2007, 08:43 AM

((( jamylee76 ))) There is nothing fun about a UTI. I'm glad you are getting treatement for that and hopefully all will go well from here on out. You have received some great replies regarding pap smears. Be sure and discuss your questions and concerns with your personal doctor.

Note to the posters of this thread: I have removed off-topic, hot-topics from this thread. This is not the place for personal rants about what is happening in your part of the world or your concerns about immunizations. Please reply only with support and replies directed to the original thread starter. In this case, that would be jamylee76. Thank you!
Unread 10-30-2007, 06:53 PM

Hello, I found out that I didn't and do not have a UTI, the urine test came out negative, so I took the antibiotics for nothing. My dr is sending me for a cat scan cuz he thinks I have a blood clot near my bladder and that's what is causing the pain. I also started discharging some orange color fluid, about a week ago and it's getting worse, the dr said it's normal. My pain is getting worse, more intense, it's sooo frustrating...thanks to everyone for all your responses and advice.
Hugs
Jamie
Unread 10-31-2007, 07:19 PM

(((Jamie)))

I'm happy to hear you don't have a UTI, but I'm sorry your pain is getting worse. I hope the CT scan shows clearly what's going on and that you get some relief from your pain very soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register