I am getting nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am getting nervous I am getting nervous

Unread 11-03-2002, 05:46 PM
I am getting nervous

Well this is my first post - I have to say I am getting very nervous. 2 months ago I went in for my annual exam and the Dr. thought something didn't feel right. She sent me for an UltraSound and then a CT Scan. I have now been turned over to a Oncologist and both Dr.s are telling me they are unsure of what is inside me. What they know is it is very large and must all come out.

I will tell you that since I was 18 years old I had my first laperotomy and had my left overy removed along with an enourous cyst (pathologist came to my hospital bed to shake my hand) and part of my right overy.

7 years ago, my Gyn thought I had a tumor and wanted to do a laperoscopy - just a day procedure, exploratory. This procedure was unsucessful and I ended up bleeding out. Without being prepared for major surgery I woke up in a hospital bed having my old 6 in scar having been reopened. I have to tell you I was pretty upset since If I was going to have to be down with recover at the least they could have done a hysterectomy at that time. My Dr. told me she didn't have insurance approval.

This go around the Dr intends to do a TAH BSO. I wll tell you that since I believe this is the last time I should be opened I have also opted to have a Belt Lipectomy, not something I would ever considered just because, but since I am going to be opened, down and using all my vacation time this year, my plastic surgeon inidcated it is a good time to go for it.

While this is a pretty frightening procedure, I am far less worried about it than I am with dealing with Surgical Menapause. I am HOT all the time now, I am afraid I will go out of my mind with Hot flashes, loss of libedo, and crying jags..

I have my pre-op appointment on thursday 11/7, surgery on 11/13 - what should I be talking to my Dr. about to see if they can be pro-active post surgery with me? Is that an uncommon request? I hate the thought of being stuck down to heal and dealing with being HOTTER than I already am now.. Wahhhhhh - Sorry I am just venting some fears here.. - Also, is it a weird request to ask the Dr to take a pic of what they take out of you?

Please share any suggestions you have for things I can discuss at my Pre-op

Thank you for your eyes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2002, 06:35 PM
I am getting nervous

Hi!

Welcome to HysterSisters! If you go to the homepage (at the top left of this page click on the princess). Scroll down to the drop down menus. Under ladies in waiting there is a list of questions to ask at pre op, also lots of tips to help you get ready for surgery. Here is the link:

Pre-Op Hysterectomy Articles

Definitely discuss HRT with your DR at pre op. Some DR's start it immediately, others prefer to wait a couple of weeks, and sometimes longer, if the patient had endo.

Best wishes!
Unread 11-04-2002, 03:50 PM
nervous

I am getting very nervous my surgery is on 11-20 I am keeping busy working and going to school . And on the weekends getting my house in order doing alot of cleaning. I am worried because I smoke and I am afraid of the effect it will have on me after my surgery. Can anyone tell me if they smoke and how their surgery went. I am having my uterous and cervix taking out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2002, 06:06 PM
I am getting nervous

When i got back to my room after surgery my nurse asked me if I smoked. She said if i did that they could give me a nicotine patch. I do smoke, but i turned it down because i did not crave a cigarette at all! I thought maybe that i could quit since i didnt smoke the 3 days i was in the hospital BUT it didnt happen. I really craved the cigarettes when i got back home. Good Luck in your recovery. Bobbie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register