Shaky and jittery ~ anyone else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Shaky and jittery ~ anyone else? Shaky and jittery ~ anyone else?

Unread 06-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Shaky and jittery ~ anyone else?

I am shaky, jittery, etc. Is anyone else experiencing this at 1 wk out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2009, 03:32 PM

Not me. Do you think this could be after effects of anesthesia? One week is enough for it to have worn off. Perhaps it could be pain meds you are taking or your body is responding to a drastic change. Are you on hormone therapy? I'd suggest you check your temperature and make sure you have no fever. Call your Dr. to make sure it's nothing serious neverthless.
Unread 06-04-2009, 07:55 PM

So, how are YOU doing? I feel pretty good but had a crying hissy anxiety fit today. man, the anxiety is killer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Re: Shaky and jittery ~ anyone else?

Hey lgoldie, I had the shaky & jittery thing going on for about a week and a half after surgery (TAH). I think it was just when I got up to walk to the bathroom or get a drink. Usually when I had activity it would get worse. Dr said it was normal because of the activity. Hope it helps!
Unread 06-05-2009, 11:01 AM

I have anxiety disorder "in real life" and I guess this was to be expected. I am taking more Xanax as per my nurse practionioner/employer who knows me all too well. I just went up to my office all by myself and have a UTI, no surprise I hear. I also spoke to my ob/gyn's nurse and she said he will probably increase my estradiol at my follow up visit on the 9th.
He's an adjuster and I found out he does bioidenticals too maybe for later!!! I cried this morning and said I want my ovaries back!! Veryy anxious and not sleeping much.
could use some encouragement...
Unread 06-05-2009, 12:09 PM

the shaky and jittery feeling could be from your surgery/anesthesia or from your hormone levels dropping from menopause. if it continues to get worse, definitely let your dr know so he can make adjustments as needed. try not to wait things out til your next appt if you dont feel right.
Unread 06-05-2009, 12:32 PM

lgoldie, I am doing "ok". No issues with pain, just a small tingle in incision area. Not taking pain meds. Biggest issue right now is gastro: upper stomach is contracting in cramp like waves which honkerblonkes me the F off, but I'm not gonna let it screw my day. I'm praying that goes away soon. Took my staples out today and went to grocery store to get muffins and Bigelow Mint tea. Someone in here told me to try it for my stomach and gas. I'm sipping it right now and feeling cozy. I felt strange walking around grocery store slowly, LOL. So I feigned a small limp to make it look like it's my leg. LOL. I'm crazy but I hate people looking at me funny. I hope you feel better soon too. Take it easy, you are the captain of your feelings even if you don't feel well. This is a fighting time in your life and are you gonna fight or let it win over you? Steer into a happy medium and find something that feels good to do. And most of all, pray. A prayer really helps me. Hugs.
Unread 06-05-2009, 12:42 PM

I did get Verrrrry shaky one day but it was my fault I decided to fold all the weeks worth of laundry (4 ppl)with out stopping for a break
Unread 06-05-2009, 12:46 PM

Tsk, swvk, verrrrry verrrry bad of you to do that. lol. I would have slummed on the floor unconcious if it was me. Can't imagine folding anything but my arms, LOL.
Unread 06-05-2009, 12:57 PM

I know my bad

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register