46 1/2 hrs to go.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

46 1/2 hrs to go.... 46 1/2 hrs to go....

Unread 10-26-2004, 08:37 AM
46 1/2 hrs to go....

here we go. the realization of this all has set in. everyone is telling me that this is the best thing. you see i started out having just dysplasia....then they did a leep and he took a biopsy of my cervix the size of a half dollar. and that is when they found the cancer. its just the beginning stage so he did offer doing a cone to get the cancer out of my cervix however he wanted to wait till the week after christmas to do it. said that i would be completely healed from the leep. and i was okay with that. however i in the meantime have lost my job and my insurance will be ending at the end of this month. and so i consulted a couple of more times and he said that we could go ahead and do the cone. and he was confindent that we could get all of the bad stuff out with that. but "IF" it came back i would end up doing a hysterectomy anyways. i was really trying to avoid it and when i got to doing some research in my family and with my problem all together i realized i was tired of being a "guinee pig" and that i just wanted it to be over. so i decided that this was the best. i hate the idea of having major surgery. infact i hate needles and hospitals.....when it is all about me...that is (i am in the medical administrative field)
this is an emotional strain on me. alot more than i thought. some days i am fine and it doesnt phase me and other days its alli can think about and with it just less than 48hrs away ...well let me just say i am sure that my stress level is up and so is my blood pressure.

please pray for me...thanks for this site. i have learned alot about my situation and now know i am not alone in this situation.

Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2004, 08:49 AM
46 1/2 hrs to go....

Sorry about your job loss. That is very stressful on top of all the other things you have going on.
I see you have a date of 10/28, does that mean you have decided to have the hyster or are you having one of the other procedures done?
If hyster what kind will you be having?
I hope all goes well with what ever you and your dr feels is best for you.
Best wishes
Unread 10-26-2004, 09:33 AM
46 1/2 hrs to go....

morning!
i am having a TVH i am getting to keep my ovaries and tubes....yes the big day is on the 28th....my surgery time is first thing in the morning. at 7am. will have to be there at 530am woohoo....i am nervous and scared but i keep thinking that i will feel alot better afterwards...

i just pray that i will have no complications during surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2004, 09:35 AM
46 1/2 hrs to go....

Beth,

I'm with you...I go in the same date, for TAH/BSO for a mass on the right ovary...days are good and bad...today is a good day for me, and I send you lots of good thoughts and

Yesterday was a bad day for me but the Ladies here helped to lift my spirits ...browsing the board and reading other's posts on different subjects seemed to help, too...

Tomorrow, we will be busy with pre-op 'clean up' , and then we'll be on our way...we will get through this...every once in a while, I close my eyes, take a deep breath a make a conscious effort to relax my shoulders, then go back to putting one foot in front of the other, so to speak.

Take care.
Martine
Unread 10-26-2004, 09:48 AM
46 1/2 hrs to go....

thanks for the advice! i know that taking a minute is a goodthing. i do alot of cross stitch here lately and that does help me relax too. i can cross stitch the day away...lol...
Unread 10-26-2004, 10:08 AM
46 1/2 hrs to go....

My sis and mom always did cross stitch. I'm a knitter, and now that I'm post-op, I'm sewing! (Incredibly, it relaxes me....)

I am praying for your procedure to go well and that your recovery will be uncomplicated!!!
Unread 10-26-2004, 01:48 PM
46 1/2 hrs to go....

yes that is what i have left as well...i will be praying for u....i am home from work now sick as can be...im not sure if its my nerves or what...but i better get better for surg or it will be canceld...anyhow best wishes your way...ill pray for u....we will become princesses together...........off to bed i go...need some rest hugssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Jen
Unread 11-04-2004, 08:48 AM
i made it!

Good morning all! i am sorry that i havent gotten back with everyone here before now...been a long journey for me.

well to let everyone know what happened....went in and during the prep time they had to give me some stuff to drink for the acid reflux i have. well i woke up that moring with a headache and as the morning progressed it was getting worse. i know it was my nerves...but there was nothing i could do aobut it. and when i had to drink that stuff to neutralize the acids in my stomach...it intensified my headache 3 fold. i was crying i hurt so bad. they told me later that they made sure the migrane was gone before they put me under.

the dr said everything went very smoothly. and i had hardly any bleeding afterwards. just really sore! i came home the evening of the 3rd day. and found out that i was anemic..not alot but enough for them to watch me. dr says that is prob why i was having some of the headaches i was having.

for my one week today i am doing alot better! stell not moving like i would like. but i guess i am wanting to rush things there in that dept. i go see the dr for my post op visit tom afternoon.

i am still having problems with the gas in my tummy or what ever it is. this morning i felt like i was going to explode. my bowls are slowly going back to normal. its hard for me to pass gas. it hurts to grunt if that makes any sence.
my pelvic area is still real sore. and my tummy tries talking to me alot...hehe but the best think i guess it that i make it and no more cancer! woo hoo

okay will close for now. need to go walk a bit....tummy is swelling with that stuff again....hehe

take care and lots of love to all!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register