26..Trying not to back out | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

26..Trying not to back out 26..Trying not to back out

Unread 08-05-2013, 04:22 PM
26..Trying not to back out

I am 26 and scheduled for a TAH/BSO on 9/10/13.. I am really nervous and I keep telling myself maybe I should wait.. I know I won't feel this way in about a week due to the fact my menstration is due.. My Hormones are reall out of wack and have been for 3 yrs now.. I'm very emotionally unstable.. I just want to be normal.. My DH doesn't understand and for the most part it feels like he doesn't care about the event coming up... He has never been there for me health wise... He said its cuz he has a fear of hospitals... I'm so lost so sad and just frustrated.. I had to ask my mom to be there for me.. I'm glad I at least have her.. I just want to get this over with..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2013, 04:43 PM
Re: 26..Trying not to back out

(((Chertle)))

It can be perfectly normal to be nervous, especially at your age and without a solid support system. I am glad you have your mom!

I do want to caution you. If you have any doubts at all for any reason, and you are not in a life or death or cancer situation, postpone. You cannot turn back the hands of time and a hysterectomy with bilateral oophorectomy is permanent and life changing. You don't want any regrets.

Have you gotten a second opinion from doctors who specialize in your diagnoses? There could be other options for you that could either work permanently, or buy you some time until you are ready emotionally.

As I have shared before, my goes out to you. I had my own hysterectomy at the age of 25. However, I had a very supportive DH and I was able to keep my ovaries which prevented a long list of new health concerns that can arise from no or low estrogen. While I don't regret it exactly, it came with a long list of complications that negatively impacted my life for several years. It also did not solve all my issues.

in there!
Unread 08-05-2013, 04:43 PM

Very glad you have your Mother to help you out through this. This is a big surgery to wrap you head around. Please know you are not alone. I'm assuming the surgery is medically necessary or you wouldn't be having it - make sure its the right decision for you and that you have went through all the other options available before making the surgery plunge being you are so young. If you have questions or just need a virtual hug, you can come here and we'll try to help you out! Perhaps once the time gets closer DH will start to understand. I believe there's a secion on this forum for MisterHysters....take a look and maybe there's something on there that might "enlighten" or be of use to help him as well. Take Care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2013, 05:09 PM

Hi Chertle,

I'm so sorry that your husband isn't giving you the support you need, but it's great that your mom is there to step in.

I totally agree with Weiser...if your surgery isn't something that you need to do immediately, don't feel bad about taking all the time you need to think it through. I'm quite a bit older than you are, but had a "mini freak-out" when my doctor first suggested a hysterectomy. It took me several months of thinking and researching to finally decide that I wanted to go through with it.

Also, like you, I was extremely nervous, but I talked to my doctor and anesthesiologist about it, and they made sure that I was given some meds to relax me the morning of my surgery. I don't even remember being wheeled into the OR! If you do decide to go through with the surgery, don't be afraid to ask for help in dealing with your anxiety.

Take care and good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register