Almost 5 weeks! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Almost 5 weeks! Almost 5 weeks!

Unread 07-30-2006, 08:01 PM
Almost 5 weeks!

In 2 more days it will be 5 weeks. I am feeling great-some days get tired easy. veryday I find I am improving. My doctor doesn't want to see me till August 23!!! Seems like such a long time! I want to have SEX!!! Should I wait? I haven;t had any bleeding at all after my surgery. If I went to a dance would I be allowed to dance? I am not doing much but it hard to do nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2006, 08:08 PM
Almost 5 weeks!

I will be 10 weeks this Tues (Aug 1) and I feel WONDERFUL!! I did wait until about 7 weeks for sex...and I gotta tell you, it was great. I was a little nervous the first time, but DH is so understanding, compassionate,and caring. Since then...well....*grin* things have been awesome. Check with your doctor for the ok...and good luck to you!
Unread 07-30-2006, 08:16 PM
Almost 5 weeks!

I will be 5 weeks on Tuesday.... I feel pretty good. I do see my dr on Friday, he is considering that my 6 week visit. I am patiently ever so patiently waiting for the thumbs on the sex thing. I just am afraid to chance a setback now. So a few more days won't kill me or him lol.. I told him it will be as good as our honeymoon. I might even go buy a sexy nightgown for the evening lol!

Marti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2006, 08:22 PM
Almost 5 weeks!

I was 5 wks on friday and visit dr on wed this week for the SEX OK, can't wait. Please wait until your dr says it's ok. I know it's difficult but will be well worth it so i'm told
Unread 07-30-2006, 08:39 PM
7-8 weeks

I saw my doc last week for a 4 week check and he said at least 3-4 more weeks. I also had A&P repair so I don't know if that factors in. But, I can tell you when he did the internal and I almost came off the table, that let me know that things were still too swollen and tender for any fun times yet.
DH is being patient bless him.
Unread 07-30-2006, 08:49 PM
Any Dancing??

Thanks for all your replies. I know I have to wait for sex, but it will be over 8 weeks just because my doctor is going on vacation! Making me suffer(haha) Maybe outercourse will do??? Do you think it would hurt? Anone out there like dancing? I am going to one this week and my husband loves to dance-can I join him safefully I wonder? Love this site!!! It gets me through the day!!!
Unread 07-30-2006, 08:51 PM
Almost 5 weeks!

Personally i think dancing would do wonders. My date was a few days prior to yours and i've gotten back to most normal duties. Maybe call nurse at the office to make sure you've got the go-ahead. then kick up your heels and have fun
Unread 07-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Almost 5 weeks!

hmm outercourse..... be careful because of the different bacterias that can be around and easily transfered from one person to another. Dancing should be okay as long you aren't being thrown around and you aren't doing any kind of lifting and jumping around. I would take a break when needed and take it easy before your night out and of course the following day. Ya know we are still healing even though we feel pretty good for 5 weekers.

Marti
Unread 07-30-2006, 09:53 PM
Almost 5 weeks!

Can't wait to see dr. next eek,
think the insomnia coming back due to lack of sex. Make sens to anyone else?
Unread 07-31-2006, 05:44 AM
I Can Relate to That

I certainly agree with you. Can't wait to have sex. It would help me sleep too. I have to wait till the 23 of August to go back to the dr though. It is hard! Hope I will enjoy it when the day finally comes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register