back pain | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-16-2002, 10:15 AM
back pain

Hi all this is my first post...anywhere ever... here it goes. My surgery is 7/31/2002. I am having a LAVH. My concern is I have serious back problems and have since 5mnths. preg with last child now 1 yr. when on my period it seems 10 times worse! i have had to take pain meds (which I hate) just to keep from crying over the back pain. A big part of my desicion to go ahead with surgery is because of this on going back pain issue. I have tried physical therapy and have had some inprovment as my abdominal muscles got stronger but with this last period (hopefully the last ever!) the pain was the worst i have experianced yet! I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experiance ? I am afraid that i have 2 seprate things going on here and i may still have the backpain anyway that would be a crushing disapointment. thanks in advance for any advice you share
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2002, 11:12 AM
back pain

Hi Chotiatwin! Welcome to Hyster Sisters! I'd never posted anywhere else either, when I first found this wonderful site!

You didn't say what else your TAVH was for. Has your doctor said that s/he thinks that your back pain is related to your gynecological issues?

I had a TAH for fibroids and it did turn out that the back pain I thought was a separate issue was gone post-op. In my case, it was an added blessing, rather than a goal of the surgery. My uterus was really enlarged and was crowding all of my other organs, so that caused pressure on my lower back all the time, and it was worse during my periods.

If you go to the top of the page and click on the purple search button, you can key in Back Pain, and read other sisters' posts on their experiences. It helped me feel alot better emotionally, to know that I wasn't alone.

But, I do think that your doctor is best the one to give you a prognosis about the likelihood of your back pain being relieved as a result of your hyst.

I sure do hope that's the outcome, Chotiatwin.

Cecee
Unread 07-16-2002, 11:58 AM
back pain

Ditto to Cecee...this is a wise woman.

I too endure back, right fanny and right leg pain. Any enlarged uterus and or endo could cause this. Fibroids are know to cause back pain. This surgery can eliminate the pain or at least let you know that you still have the back pain. Otherwords, by getting rid of the uterus problems you will know what your left with.

If you have a bulged disc a little recovery will help it. I can't see chasing the back problems until after the surgery. Many of the post op sisters say that their pain left right away, while others say that it took months...but it was gone.

Best of luck on this.
"rose:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2002, 01:25 PM
forgot to say...

it was brought to my attention i left out a important bit of info in my last post .I have fibroids and an enlarged uterus and pain are the reasons for my LAVH. thanks to you who have already replied i get choked up to see i am not alone in this. I send out love and good wishes for all us HS's out here XXOO
Unread 07-16-2002, 03:29 PM
back pain

yep...good chances are that your condition is causing your back pain. And....many, many of us have the back pain, so you are not alone.

If after surgery (after a good recovery time) you still have the back pain then you can go on with the MRI and other testing, knowing that it has nothing to do with the uterus, fibroids or possible endo.

Let's just be hopeful that one surgery will fix all. If it doesn't...you will cross that bridge when you come to it.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register