Worst night since surgery...upsettingm | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Worst night since surgery...upsettingm Worst night since surgery...upsettingm

Unread 02-08-2014, 04:39 AM
Worst night since surgery...upsettingm

My surgery was Jan. 9, this has been the worst night yet. Thinking my infection made a U turn. Tummy upset, thought I'd brave it and take ibuprofen, with a gastric sleeve hoping it would help take the full, bloated feeling away in my abdomen. Tylenol doesn't help the inflammation, and not great for pain. To only have it make me sick. I can't sleep,...glad I have an appointment on Tuesday. Will wonder all weekend about the turn for the better....I've read it gets better, my friends tell me it is better on the other side, once healed. Kind of scary how much healing slows down with an infection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2014, 04:48 AM
Re: Worst night since surgery...upsettingm

Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time. Glad to know you have appt Tues. Are you already taking antibiotics for infection? Did you eat something before you took the ibuprofen? It does better when not on an empty stomach. Smelling an alcohol pad or cottonball may help with any nausea. If your incision is looking worse, (draining, red, coming apart) you may not need to wait til Tuesday. I hope it gets better for you soon.
Unread 02-08-2014, 04:49 AM

All the best sweetie!! Hope you get some peaceful sleep and that the journey to the "other side" is quick and as painless for you as possible..... Hope there is something good on TV for you to lay down n watch to take your mind off everything!! x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2014, 05:07 AM

Thank you ladies. The dr. Had to open my belly button incision took off the dead tissue, then 10 days of super strong antibiotics, I finished on Monday. It is draining red again, so I have stayed in bed. They told me it could drain, for another 4 to 6 wks, added to my recovery. As for the Ibuprofen, I didn't think to eat, as I haven't taken any since April. I'll try it later today with food...such a fine line...of wanting bloated, swollen feeling to go away and not ruin my stomach. My luck....I down loaded a new book, snuggled in chair with the kitten in my lap. Bottle of water.
Unread 02-08-2014, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraevrsn View Post
Thank you ladies. The dr. Had to open my belly button incision took off the dead tissue, then 10 days of super strong antibiotics, I finished on Monday. It is draining red again, so I have stayed in bed. They told me it could drain, for another 4 to 6 wks, added to my recovery. As for the Ibuprofen, I didn't think to eat, as I haven't taken any since April. I'll try it later today with food...such a fine line...of wanting bloated, swollen feeling to go away and not ruin my stomach. My luck....I down loaded a new book, snuggled in chair with the kitten in my lap. Bottle of water.
If you haven't eaten food since April, then please don't. But if you are taking crackers or something along that line, take a bite or two before the ibuprofen.
Unread 02-09-2014, 12:32 AM

Boy did I manage to tick off my husband tonight...he found me loading the dishwasher. His only words were....and you wonder why your not feeling good. It is so hard to sit and do nothing....
Unread 02-09-2014, 01:10 AM

It is hard to do nothing....you see this few little things to do and feel like it's fine to load a few dishes, or wipe off a counter or some little thing and dont think anything of it until later when you get pain or feel tired.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register