How old is everyone? - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How old is everyone? How old is everyone?

Unread 09-14-2005, 06:52 PM
How old is everyone?

I am 44. When I was in my early 20's, I had such severe and re-ocurring bouts of pelvic infection (P.I.D.)that my doctor felt a hysterectomy was the only "cure". I was 23 years old. I thought my doc was insane! I was too young. It just wasn't an option. My problems only got worse with each passing year and late last year I was begging (the same doctor) to do the surgery. I can't believe I waited this long!

Jennifer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2005, 07:22 PM
How old is everyone?

I will be 33 years on Tuesday the 20th. I was diagnosed with Endo at the ripe age of 21 and told that I would more than likely be childless, but thanks to the Lupron therapies I had to suffer through, on 2 different occasions in the last 11 years, I was blessed with 2.

I was told after my 2nd, that I should and need a hyst, but was scared and could not do it, and this year the Doc said really have no other choice.
So anyways, I have been pain free and period free since May 24th and it is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

Also wanted to say Happy Birthday to all my September Birthday Sisters

s to all,
Kristi
Unread 09-14-2005, 10:38 PM
Kinda young here too!

Hi, I was 28 when I had my hysterectomy in April. I had been trying to get pregnant since I was 20...I did when I was 22 and I miscarried, and I got pregnant last October and they found out it was a tubal in November. My doctor told me I was high risk of developing a tubal if I got pregnant again and the scar tissue around my ovaries caused a lot of pain..so she did the hysterectomy. I guess there's always adoption...but does it feel the same as it would to have your own?

Gracie_76
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2005, 04:47 AM
How old is everyone?

Gracie,

I have not adopted, but have a very dear friend who was in the same situation as you. She and her hubby have adopted the most wonderful baby boy [well, he's now 1, but still their darling baby]. No child has ever been more loved, or given more love than he has.

I don't know that it feels the same, I do know it has brought for them the same intense feelings of love for him that I have felt for those that I bore.

I am so sorry you had to deal with any of this. As she once told me though...there is more than just the traditional way to have your family, and she is very thankful for that option!

Good luck to you!

~Karen
Unread 09-15-2005, 08:54 AM
How old is everyone?

i was adopted when i was 5 and sure glad someone loved me that much. i have 3 kids of my own .i have no doubt my parents loved me as much as i love mine.
lisa
Unread 09-15-2005, 09:08 AM
How old is everyone?

gracie, the children you adopt WILL be your own---so it will feel exactly right.
Unread 09-15-2005, 09:53 AM
How old is everyone?

I was 42 when I had my TAH (July 8/05) due to large fibroid and enlarged uterus. I really needed the surgery for 2 years but did not make my decision to do it until this year. Cervix gone too and one ovary had to be removed too due to fibroid attachement.

twilla
Unread 09-15-2005, 10:06 AM
How old is everyone?

Hi, I'm 40 and my surgery date is 10/3/05.

Gracie,

I have no kids and I haven't adopted yet, but is something I'll never discard.

I can only tell you that my ex-husband has a boy, that lived with us for a while (age 5 to 9 yrs) and I loved him and cared about him as if he was "mine" and I know it was the same for him, eventhough is birth mom was alive. When I got divorced, I was heartbroken more because it hurted me more separating from him, than from my ex.

That said...I'm pretty sure it feel the same as it would to have your own....LOL
Unread 09-15-2005, 10:21 AM
How old is everyone?

i am 32 and had my tah 7 weeks ago, woohoo best thing i have ever done for myself!!!!
Unread 09-15-2005, 01:52 PM
How old is everyone?

I am 39.95.....the big 40 is only 15 days away. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register