I am a mess: surgery 5/31 - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am a mess: surgery 5/31 I am a mess: surgery 5/31

Unread 04-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Re: I am a mess

Nonna4 ......... so you only had fibroids? No cancer? Thank you for the encouragement and I am glad you are doing so well. Yes this is terrifying. I KNOW God is in control but still I struggle. I cannot wait until like you, I can encourage others. I need you all and I do so want to give back when I am on the other side of this. Today I am sitting here sobbing again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2012, 11:18 AM

Hi not brave. Im sending you a big hug. This stuff is scarry, I had a thick lining too. Fibroids. And it looked like I was pregnant. Hmmm. It all turned out ok. Post menapause bleeding can be confusing. Im like you I dont handle sickness well. Other stuff yep ok with that. I have lump on my saliva gland we found a few weeks ago. And antibotics arent working. So needless to say im freaking. Im praying for you, and its ok to be afraid. Gods with us always. Whatever the out come he is there. Not much longer. Is your surgery the 10th of april. I had the done a few years back. Very easy very quick. Was a lil tired for a couple of days. They fill your belly with air. Can you go for walks. That really helps easy the wait. Lol. Always praying and beliving for a clear easy surgery lol
Unread 04-06-2012, 01:17 PM
I am a mess

Week four for me,
things are going well.
I am Blessed.
To all of our members pre op, take heart, have faith
Line up help for afterwards, so you can rest rest rest.
xoxox
Lynn in Toronto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2012, 04:42 PM

Actually Vonny123 on Tuesday I am just having the biopsy (D&C) under anesthesia. I am so stressed about it that I am not sure how I will get thru a hysterectomy. How long ago did you have yours? Was it incisional?

I am sorry you are now dealing with a new health problem. I will pray that it is not anything serious and that you will have relief from the anxiety.
Unread 04-06-2012, 05:20 PM

The first time was three years ago, and it was easy, they made tiny cuts went kn with a scope, and looked at that time they could see anything, I dodged tne bullet what had happened was my uterous fell.back into my spine where fibroids were making there home, those lovely beasts caused so much.back.pain I had no.idea I was going for mri for my.back.im.a.runner and ifell running.down a mountain well my periods became hell to put it nicely, so after three years of pain I went.back.to gyno and said hey somethings not right finally thd.fibroids were coming out of hiding and doct said lets get it out, I didnt expect to loose my ovaries so I was shocked my uterous was so huge it wieghed nine pounds, tne surgery as scarred as you are will go fine mine was with a robot da vinci much easier to heal, and you will.be fine to, they are well trained surgens and they know what to do in any situation. You might be sore for a few days but I was running in a week.after my.first procedure, and thank.you for the prayers as im praying for you, I did this morning running with god, yep.hes a runner.and he wears nikes hahaha hope that.made you smile, I dont know what this lump is and hopefully its nothing, so if they.go in are they prepard to do a hyst if needed, is that an option.say.hey if its got to come out.why go.through.it twice.do you have family to help you. Lol
Unread 04-06-2012, 06:02 PM

Thank you Vonnie123. You had a robotic? I have one the size of a grapefruit so I don't think that is an option for me. I wish it were. I also wish I were braver and I wish I didn't have such a huge imagination. I feel very down in the dumps this evening. Will I ever be light hearted again?
Unread 04-06-2012, 06:54 PM

NotBrave, I think you're over-thinking. I know it's hard not to do this. But I think it's important that you find something to preoccupy your mind a little. Get out as much as possible since you will be housebound post op. Try reading, I find it hard to worry about stuff when I'm reading. I stressed and over-thought too, but it seems that you are having a particularly difficult time. Go for a walk and concentrate on eating healthy so you go into surgery as strong as possible.
Unread 04-06-2012, 07:03 PM

Not brave you could be my twin. I have friends that had them that lg. Wow who knew tbat could grow. I did have a c section and that turned out so I kbow your biggest fear. Is the unknown. And you will be fine. And you will feel better. And whatever tbe out come you can meet it head on. Im here for you. As we all are. And ill be praying for you every day. Lol
Unread 04-06-2012, 07:25 PM

NotBrave -

I had a very large complex cyst (12 x 9 x 11 cm) on my left ovary - about the size of a very, very large great fruit. The cyst grew that size in less than a year. I also had numerous fibroids. A gyn onc did my surgery - TAH BSO. All pathology was done while I was in the OR, and all turned out benign. I also had numerous fibroids that also swelled my uterus. Those were also benign.

I know it is scary to have these things growing inside you, but don't get ahead of your diagnosis. We are here for you sweetie, and we will get you through this...

Unread 04-06-2012, 10:17 PM

You are all angels! This is exactly what I need to hear to keep myself from going off the deep end with my imagination. To know things looked scary for you but it was all well really helps me. And to hear it wasn't real scary and it was indeed ok is good to hear too. Yes I do overthink! I can get so blinded by fear that it polarizes me. I am working very hard to not do this. I just hate it when it is at it's worse and I am struggling terribly to keep from going under. Thank you again and again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register