There is a light ahead and it's green. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

There is a light ahead and it's green. There is a light ahead and it's green.

Unread 04-11-2013, 11:22 AM
There is a light ahead and it's green.

I recently saw my gynecologist and thought a hysterectomy was finally on the horizon. But they called me on Tuesday and said they want to wait a few more years. I'm barely living now- no way can I survive another two or three years. For background I have heavy bleeding (1 tampon and 1 pad every 40-60 minutes, super tampon plus adult diaper at night that is normally leaking), painful cramping the week before and during my period that makes me throw up. Clots varying in golf ball size to small baseball sized. I have tried a number of birth control pills, shots, IUDS and nothing helps. I also have endo (two laps for removal of endo and chocolate cysts). Have had endo biopsy twice - all clear. I have two children, my tubes are tied and my husband has had a vasectomy. My older son has a very rare genetic condition. We are DONE having children. So back on track. I was very saddened and upset over this and my husband suggested I go to the doctor his mom saw. She had similar issues and had a hysterectomy. This doctor is said to be the best in our state but he is also very arrogant and very "this is what you do, I won't hear of anything else". When I was younger I saw him once and did not like him at all. I called his office on Tuesday- late afternoon and they told me he has an opening for an appointment August 22nd. I said that was fine but also asked the nurse to pass along who I was. (I know some of his family through work and both my mother in law, sister in law and cousin see him.). I got a call yesterday from his nurse saying that he can see me Thursday APRIL 18th. I was told to have my records sent over to them so I faxed all that in yesterday afternoon. Well this morning I got a call from the doctor himself. He got my records and was looking over them and he has me tentatively scheduled for surgery on May 10th depending on my appointment next week. He says there is more to go over- such as the type of hysterectomy but he see's no reason why, with my history a hysterectomy would not outweigh the cons of having one. And yes he did still sound very arrogant and very gruff about the whole thing but I am just so happy to see a light ahead!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2013, 06:38 PM
Re: There is a light ahead and it's green.

I'm glad to see that you got a referral to another doctor, even if his bedside manner isn't all its cracked up to be. What happened at your appointment yesterday?
Unread 04-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Re: There is a light ahead and it's green.

Well, if he took the time to call you himself, and even scheduled the surgery, tentatively, maybe the change will be a good thing, after all...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register