Drug interaction or Hormones | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Drug interaction or Hormones Drug interaction or Hormones

Unread 06-16-2013, 05:57 AM
Drug interaction or Hormones

So I will be at my two weeks to go mark tomorrow...and my nerves are really acting up, and I think I may be having a reaction to an interaction of medicine or hormones are being weird, I am on a super emotional roller coaster! I feel like I am going crazy!
Yesterday was terrible! I was emotional, angry, irritated, confused and super forgetful, I mean like from one minute to the next, depressed. felt weak and tired and cranky.
I looked up some of the medication I am on and did read that they can have interactions.
Xanax for relief of extreme anxiety
Paxil for anxiety
Trazodone to sleep
Lisinopril for high bp

anyone on these meds? have you had similar experiences?

I decided not to take any Xanax yesterday and did not take my sleep medicine last night (didn't think I would ever fall asleep)..could this be a result of hormones though I don't know why they would be going nuts right now, is it the anxiety about the upcoming surgery, is it the meds??

Also just a weird little note--I am having a major pimple outbreak on my face...I literally have like 1 pimple a year LOL so this is weird for me.....

Ack! make it stop!!

any advice would be appreciated!

((((HUGS))))
Amrayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2013, 06:45 AM
Re: Drug interaction or Hormones

Im prob going to be no help,but I will.try. Xanax ive taken for years and never had an issue. Paxil never did a thing for me but make things worse. Trazadone I have never taken nut my sil does its the only thing that gets her sleep. And the bp meds I do not know anything about.
As far as acne STRESS that prob the culprit, stress does awful things to our bodys and you mix it with hormones its a recipe for acne!
You need sleep or it will make your stress and anxiety so much worse, so call your dr and see if a med adjustment is in order!
Good luck and hopefully stress free surg and recovery!
Unread 06-16-2013, 07:57 AM

(((Lizzie)))
Thanks for your reply, going to call my pharmacist when they open up today as the prescriptions are from different docs gyn and gp.
I feel a bit better today, I think it might just be a combination of everything.... medications AND stress/anxiety over the surgery, how i'm going to afford being off for 6 weeks with dh out of work (at least he'll be able there for me!-lol) Worried that my father and step mother are coming down and my apartment wont be clean enough and since I don't usually have alot of guests over I only have one couch! where are they going to sit? sigh...got my boss yelling at me to get almost impossible tasks done before I leave...even though I have FMLA paperwork done, I'm not 100% on when I come back if I'll have a job for long...gah! all this spinning through my head plus being terrified of being put under.... the fact that I've never had children =(...the list goes on. I am so trying not to have a pity party..I am just super stressed I guess...ugh
oh god, I think I might need a Xanax now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2013, 08:29 AM

Crikey a xanax might not be a bad idea, but remember this 1. The house cleaning.. Well forget it they are supposed to be there for you not for dust free enjoyment as for sitting break out the kitchen chairs . 2. Moneys a tough one but your health comes long before money it might be hard have you looked into disabilty or did you or your spouse sign up for somthing like afflak when you started your jobs, financal jugling is not easy but can be done trust me on this my hub was out of work 5 months due to layoffs and I wasnt working at the time!.3 I get the fear of loosing your job but if your work is that calus remember your health and quality of life come first!
As for children well I cant say anything except im truly heart broken for you, ihope you find peace and maybe an alternative?!
Be well my freind you are not alone everyone, on this site will be here for you!
Unread 06-16-2013, 08:46 AM

((Lizzie)) thank you!! A little calmer now only took 1/2 a xanax...did I mention I have generalized anxiety disorder? Lol I am stressed about those things but reading that I sound like a crazy lady! Sorry for the crazy lady vent! And thank you for being there,sister.
Unread 06-16-2013, 12:04 PM

Lol.i have horrible anxiety and panic disorder it took years for me to be "normal" and its a tough road ,I slip back once and a while not to bad but its scarey. My doc is awesome and I had a great theripist who taught me how to handle the bumps. So I completly get where you're coming from! And as for crazy you should have seen my complete and total rant last week when I went hormonal on my recovery sisters ,prob think im nuts lol but they were sooo very kind and helpful! Thats why this site rocks, you get the support you need no matter what and arent judged for rants!
Hang on tight its a bumpy road sometimes but worth it in the end!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register