Scheduled dVH/RALH First thing you felt when you woke up from surgery? (1/17) - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First thing you felt when you woke up from surgery? (1/17) First thing you felt when you woke up from surgery? (1/17)

Unread 01-28-2014, 04:14 PM
Re: What is the first thing you felt when you woke up from surgery?

Initially surprise that I was in so little - maybe virtually no pain.

I was in my room. My sister saying something about the florist having put herbs in the flowers so they smell nice. Being asked to stand up once. That must have been twelve hours later...wooo hoo... Snippets of memories. My mum was there - she said I sounded clear and cheerful. I don't remember. Later back pain and headaches at night. Then I realised that I could ask for extra pain med.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2014, 05:25 PM
Re: What is the first thing you felt when you woke up from surgery?

I felt nauseous and said “I’m going to be sick!” Then they gave me some anti-nausia meds and I passed out.
Unread 01-29-2014, 10:31 AM
Re: First thing you felt when you woke up from surgery? (1/17)

I had my surgery due to uterine cancer and prior to surgery I reconciled within me that whatever happened was beyond my control and I would be okay with it. I remember waking up while being wheeled off the elevator onto my hospital floor. My eyes were closed and I experienced a feeling like never before. I felt like angel wings were wrapped around my shoulders and I was at total peace. My family was standing at the elevator door as I came out. I didn't say anything to them at the time. Days later we were talking about the surgery and part of the conversation was asking how I felt right after. I told them okay, nothing more. My daughter then commented that when she looked at me as I came off the elevator I had a look on my face that was hard to describe but just a "calm and peaceful" look and just kind of took her by surprise. Wow!! That's when I shared my experience with them. True story. Honest!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2014, 11:37 AM

Sunshine416...what a beautiful experience! Thank you for sharing with us! Love Angels!!!
Unread 01-29-2014, 12:14 PM

I woke up in my room, I was a bit groggy and was actually hungry, but didn't get to eat till the next morning..
Unread 01-29-2014, 02:23 PM

I woke feeling shocked that it was over! I did not feel sick or have any significant pain except for dry eye pain. Belly was fine and I was immediately able to roll for linen change to remove just a little spot of blood on the bed. I felt such comfort from the warm air that was being piped into the surgical gown. I just wanted to pee and go home! 5 hours later, that is what I did!
Unread 01-29-2014, 05:47 PM

Intense pain!! Once I received my first dose of meds, it subsided somewhat. But it took a couple of med combinations to alleviate the pain.
Unread 01-29-2014, 05:49 PM

Hi. Good thread to start. Don't really remember too much. Very hazy. The IV pain meds were way too strong. Nurses had to switch to oral form shortly after surgery. More pressure in belly than actual pain. Hope you're doing well recovering.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register