seizures | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-21-2003, 11:28 AM
seizures

I'm, so glad I found this site. I don't have my surgery until May 1st which is driving me crazy already. I want it done and over with. Anyway, has anybody had any trouble with having a hysterectomy that has seizures? I have seizures very infrequently, but I'm still kinda worried about it. Any comments will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2003, 03:47 PM
seizures

Hi Daisy---Welcome to Hystersisters!

I am not familiar with the issue of seizures--but I did a search and found this thread from last year, posted by a lady who had similar concerns:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...light=seizures

I hope this helps---and hopefully someone else will come along here with more input.

Keep reading as much as you can, and post any further questions that come up for you. Also, please go into your profile page and add your surgery date, so when your big day comes we can send you off with special wishes!

Best wishes to you!
Unread 03-22-2003, 05:31 AM
seizures

Your doctor and anesthesiologist will keep a pretty close watch on this. When you can't get your oral meds they most likely will be giving you them IV to help keep up your blood counts. What meds do you take?. They will most likely have you take your pills the morning of surgery too. The nurses may also place pads on your side rails just as a precaution. We have lots of people with seizure disorders who have surgery without any problems at all, though there are always the few, but they are not the norm. If our gyn isn't very familiar with your seizure meds you may ask him to have your neurologist or GP follow you closely with that while you are in the hospital or even see them preop to have a plan of actionformed for hospital time. make sure whenyou have your preop visits with your doctor and your nurses that you let them know this is a big concern for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2003, 07:21 AM
One of my best friends...

has Epilepsy and she had a LAVH/BSO done without any problems last year. What she did, was her neuro, gp, and gyn all worked together to be sure the meds were controlled, the anaesth. also knew what to expect. Your doctors can be a team to help you.

Hope that helps....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register