Straw coloured fluid from bikini line wound | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Straw coloured fluid from bikini line wound Straw coloured fluid from bikini line wound

Unread 03-13-2006, 07:22 AM
Straw coloured fluid from bikini line wound

hey Sisters,
A couple of days ago my 10 day old bikini line wound suddenly sprayed a lot of straw coloured fluid all over the bathroom wall. NICE!! Its not infected or anything and my GP thinks its a seroma (a collection of clear fluid from the damage during surgery). Its having fits and spurts from time to time amd I have a dressing on now. Apparently it'll go in a week or so on it's own and the wound has hardly opened at all so it should heal,
does any one else have any experience of this??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2006, 08:36 AM

mine has been leaking for four weeks, from almost nothing to gushing like you mentioned. i'm doing the same, but also washing my hands w/antibacterial soap before changing the gauze, washing wound daily in antibacterial soap and lots of prayer. incision is still open but getting smaller. very frustrating waiting on healing. hope your time is short and complete,

peace
Unread 03-13-2006, 11:14 AM

Mine has been leaking for almost 4 weeks and I had the spraying everywhere when it first opened. It may get bigger before it starts to heal. Mind did. Now it's down to almost a pinhole. Still leaking, but not infected.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2006, 11:24 AM

l had a little bit of that as well.i went to the doc because i thought i had an infection too.He told me to use polysporin,which i did and its been ok since.
Unread 03-13-2006, 11:37 AM

Mine did the exact same thing at 10days post op and then again on day 17. Thank goodness no infection but my doctor said to keep it dry and put a heating pad on it! It now has to heal from the inside out. It must have worked because it has been almost 5 weeks post op and it hasn't drained any, but I can still see the small hole on the outside.
Unread 03-14-2006, 03:53 AM

Thanks Guys,
I knew it could happen but I had no idea of how long it may take to heal. The GP said they're a real pain in the bottom so I suppose he's seen a few and clearly they like to stay once they've arrived.
Whats polysporin? is it a drug or dressing? If it's an antibiotic then there is no way I'll get some, they have cracked down on their use in advance of the Avian Flu pandemic that's expected to hit the UK in April (it's made it to France so far), heyho, just keep taking the Zinc and Vitamin C,
Thanks for your input I'll see if it get's better before 4 weeks,
Unread 03-14-2006, 09:57 AM

tigger..polysporin is an ointment for cuts and scrapes..i used it 3 times a day for a couple of days..that did the trick for me!
Unread 03-15-2006, 12:48 AM

I have been leaking that icky stuff since I came home on 3/3. Mine leaks out the hole where the small tube for the pain pump was going into the incision. It is continuous and I wonder if it will ever end. I change gauze pads, and underwear, all day long.

When the staples came out on 3/9, half of the incision came open, so I am having to have that packed twice a week. I asked the dr why this happened and he says because I am over wieght (250 lbs) and I am diabetic. It looks like it is going to take a while to heal from the inside out.
Unread 03-15-2006, 04:31 AM

Kindaz,
i'm a 'traditionally built' woman too, and I also know that fat does leak quite a lot of serus fluid or lymphatic fluid. It's just the way your body reacts to the surgical insult. I have tielle light dressings. Their waterproof and you don't get leakage, they're soft and conture quite well. If you tell them you are having major issues and are afraid the wound will become infected they may you some. I hope it all clears up quickley for both of us!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register