10 day post op from tvh new pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 day post op from tvh new pain 10 day post op from tvh new pain

Unread 05-18-2006, 10:50 AM
10 day post op from tvh new pain

I had my vaginal hysterectomy on May 8th. They did leave my ovaries so that is good. The surgery went with out complications. Besides the swelling from some reaction, either the cath or the drugs all is well. I only stayed 1 night. I have any easy desk job so I started back to work on the 15th. I am getting worried though. The las couple of days I have had extreme back pain and some crampy pinching pains around the front. I have missed so much work before, during and after surgery that I am afraid to not come to work. I am also trying to not take my pain meds as much. The pain is getting worse. Is this normal or do I need to do something about it? Help
RoRo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2006, 10:57 AM

I am 17 days post-op and I also had the back pain and the pinchy feeling in my lower belly. I really think you went back to work TOO SOON. I am still dealing with soreness at times, being tired and some twinges of pain. Did your Doc release you to go back to work? I myself could not imagine going to back to work yet, even a desk job. Maybe someone else has more info for you since I am still so early post op. 's
Unread 05-18-2006, 10:59 AM

I am 6 weeks out from mine and just started experiencing back pain a week ago. They treated me for a UTI but that did not work so I am going in today for a renal US (kidneys) You went back to work very early! I really would call your Dr about the pain. Hope you feel better soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2006, 11:00 AM

I think you do need to do something about it RoRo..and that is to stay home and let yourself recover from this operation.

if you don't, you may find yourself having lots more time off because you haven't healed properly. A TVH takes a lot of recovery too, even though you can't see the incision.
Unread 05-18-2006, 11:01 AM

Any time you experience new pain, it is best to check with your dr. It sounds like you may have returned to work a bit early and your body is rebelling a bit. The soreness could be just plain old healing but it is best to your dr and find out how best to alliviate your pain and what to do about your situation.
Unread 05-18-2006, 11:02 AM

Yes my doctor released me. Actually he gave me no restrictions. His exact words were "if I feel like I can do it then go ahead. The only restriction is no tampons, do douching and no bedroom games until I saw him again" My problem is that it is hard to distinguish between when I feel like I can and when I feel like I have to or should.
Unread 05-18-2006, 11:04 AM

I too think that you should call the doctor. You also need to rest, rest, rest. I hope you feel better soon.
My thoughts and prayers are with you
Unread 05-18-2006, 11:28 AM

I can totally relate. I am 10 days post op and today I feel terrible. My lower back and abdominal region are very sore. One thought I had is that maybe I need a new mattress. Another thought is that this is just a normal part of the recovery. Internal healing is happening and is doing so in stages. My dr just told me to take advil. Doesn't seem too concerned.
Unread 05-18-2006, 11:41 AM

I didn't go back to my "easy" desk job until 4 wks post op TVH. I only worked half days the first week back, and I had similar back aches and twinges you describe. I know at 10 days there was no way I could have returned to work. My gyn was adamant that I start back slowly because sitting in one position for too long would cause me to become uncomfortable. I suggest you call your doctor and see if you can get a medical leave till you are more healed. You only get one chance to heal properly - you need to do it right so you don't have any set backs. Just my humble opinion.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register