where is my libido??!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

where is my libido??!! where is my libido??!!

Unread 02-22-2006, 04:32 PM
where is my libido??!!

arial

I had a laparocopy hysterectomy Sept. 19, 05 due to fibroids and enlarged uterus. They left my cervix and ovaries. I wanted to know if anyone feels the same as I do. I seem to have lost all desire as well as sensation both physically and mentally. It still is painful to have intercourse with my DH on top (sorry about so graphic) so I have to be on top. I don't mind but I just don't understand why. I also experience pain on what seems to be the side walls of my vagina and not really from penetration. It also takes SOOOO long to have this litty bitty orgasm...It seems that the inner deep orgasms are gone by the wayside. I am kind of embarrassed writing all this but want so much to know if others have felt the same. I also had a very large rectocele repair along with a sling. No when I urinate it seems like it takes forever to stop and when I wipe myself it triggers me to urinate again and again. What is happening???

Thanks for anybody's help.

Mimi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2006, 07:57 PM
where is my libido??!!

Hi,
I feel for you. I haven't had any desire for sex since about the 4th week post-op. I think that was when my body started depleting its estrogen reserves. (I had my ovaries out) Of course I didn't have vaginal penetration until my eighth week. I was surprised that it took so long to reach orgasm. I never had much in the way of a deep orgasm so I don't miss that. What concerns me is that I NEVER feel the sexual urge. Someday, I will have to think about taking HRT.
Unread 02-22-2006, 08:12 PM
where is my libido??!!

Hi Mimi!

I'm sorry to hear that your post-op sexual life is not what you may have expected it to be. It sounds like you had quite a few procedures done in the pelvic region, and (despite what you may have read) complete healing from a hyst may take up to a year. Please hang in there, listen to your body, and try to exercise patience. Yes, I realize that's difficult, as I am one of the most impatient people on the planet!

If things don't improve soon, please make an appointment with your doctor for the specific purpose of asking questions about your post-op sexual health. There is no need to be embarrassed about this. It is a common concern and help is available.

Many s and Best Wishes,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2006, 08:51 PM
where is my libido??!!

Here are some (((hugs))) I'm so sorry you are going thru this. I am 9 months out from my LSH and my sex life is gone too. And yes, there isn't much desire. But every once in awhile I see a hint of it. As for your pain, please check with your dr. I had sever pain on penetration and found out it was due to strep bacteria. So back on anti-bios I went. And that was just 2 weeks ago! So I whole heartedly agree that this healing is going to take a year. But I do feel alot better than before the op. Ask/insist that your dr run some tests for your hormone levels and bacteria, etc. I am also taking Estrace creme since I didn't seem to have any lube down there. No matter how much I applied myself. You might want to discuss this too.
All my best wishes to you...
Unread 02-23-2006, 07:26 AM
where is my libido

Thank you all so very much for letting me know I am not alone. I hope things improve as time goes on. Patience is not one of my best virtues! Thanks again.

Mimi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register