Medication induced NAUSEA!!! Help?!? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Medication induced NAUSEA!!! Help?!? Medication induced NAUSEA!!! Help?!?

Unread 11-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Medication induced NAUSEA!!! Help?!?

cipro + flagyl + motrin + percoset + MOM = NAUSEA!!!

I was doin' ok before the cipro and the flagyl for this nasty little incision infection so I know they are the culprits... But I have to keep taking them to get rid of the rest of the infection.

So beside the ginger based products and crackers stuff anyone have any suggestions that worked for them? Has anyone used the anti=nausea acupressure bands with any success?

Got some other trick to take the edge off this lovely squirmy feeling?

I haven't actually hurled yet but I am so close... and at 10pm... when I stand staring at the MOM bottle... a moment that rarely goes well even without antibiotics.... well, I'm not sure I can trust myself to go through with it. And I most certainly don't want constipation on top of everything else.......................................................

Hugs and a cash reward to the person that can help me find an answer... JUST KIDDING!!!

UGH!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2008, 06:09 PM

Well, I can tell you one thing you should NOT do if you want to minimize the nausea, and that's drink any alcohol - even cough syrup containing alcohol. Flagyl is sometimes used as part of aversion therapy for alcoholics - it's known to cause vomiting if you've been drinking alcohol.

I used the "Sea Bands" successfully once for morning sickness.. they might be worth a try.

s,
-Linda
Unread 11-15-2008, 06:17 PM

You could call and ask your doc for some anti nausea meds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2008, 06:18 PM

Nope, not a drop... been the best behaved princess on earth... I'll go in search of sea bands tomorrow... anything is worth a try............................
Unread 11-15-2008, 07:51 PM

Sometimes warm peppermint tea helps to soothe the tummy

take care!
Unread 11-16-2008, 01:27 AM

I couldn't handle the percocets either and the doctor changed me to vicoden and made a HUGE difference. I was sicker than a dog on the percocets.
Unread 11-16-2008, 02:12 AM

Hi Tracey

More issues :-(

I hate throwing up and will do anything possible to avoid it,

Do not take any of your meds without eating something at the same time, even if it is only crackers, to make sure that they have something to help them absorb quickly should help.

If it doesn't get better I would call the Dr to check if they can give you something else.

Hugs

Katy
Unread 11-16-2008, 11:01 AM

I keep a baggie of graham crackers by my meds I make sure I eat one or two and drink water or milk before I took my meds, this sure did limit the issue Give it a try, or take them a few hours apart not all at once but for sure use with FOOD! GOOD LUCK
Unread 11-16-2008, 07:58 PM

A *little* better today... mostly because I hardly ate anything... and I'm truly not hungry. The graham cracker idea sounds yummy. The acupressure stuff seems to help even just intermittently. Around 6 pm I realized I wasn't feeling nauseated at all... and then I realized it had been 11 hours since the antibiotics. (sigh) I really did almost gag up the MOM tonight... but I managed to keep it down.

ARGH! The good thing is (drumroll) the infection FINALLY seems to be responding... YAY!!!

There was a thread here somewhere about being desperate to take a bath... Iona4 was in it and a few other people... well, when it's a 'doctors order' it's not so fun anymore... I was instructed to take at least 6 sitz baths or real baths EACH DAY to soak the, ahem, AFFECTED AREA. I really did NOT want him to have to do the serious squeezy thing again on Monday so I tried really hard to behave.

But HONESTLY! I'm only 9 days out people! By the time I go in the bathroom, potty, clean up from potty, undress, run the water, soak for 10 minutes, massage the lump from outer edges to open sore for 5 minutes, soak another 5, dry off (ever so delicately), and then re-dress... you hardly have time for the hour long nap required to do it all again!!! I'm exhausted from it all......... and I think I only managed 5......

But the infection IS BETTER... AND I managed NOT to take any percocet today. There was no way since it makes me sleep for long stretches and I couldn't have gotten in enough baths... maybe I can slow it down tomorrow....

I see him tomorrow at 11.

My bottom has never been so clean... (smirk)
Unread 11-17-2008, 10:55 AM

Hi Tracey

Really glad that you seem your usual chirpy self today! And it is fantastic news that the infection seems to be clearing :-)

6 baths a day, is there enough time in the day???? Maybe you could cut down on the time it takes by not bothering to get dressed after each one - isn't that what dressing gowns/house coats are for?

Looking forward to hearing how you get on with the Dr - And don't forget to squeeze him back if need be!

Hugs

Katy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register