Overdid it :-( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Overdid it :-( Overdid it :-(

Unread 03-26-2013, 07:28 PM
Overdid it :-(

I'm 2 1/2 weeks post op. Until today, the only outing I'd been on was my dad's retirement party and I did pretty good. This morning my kids woke up sick again, they had been sick last week and my mom took them to the dr for me. Since I'm feeling better/stronger I decided I would go with them so we could get them straightened out. At 6 am I woke them up to get ready for school, stayed awake until 8 so I could call the dr. The only appointment available was 9 so I rushed everyone to get ready and my mom took us. Afterwards she asked if I needed anything while she was at the store. I told her I did and wanted to go along. At first it was ok but then my legs felt kinda weak and I was getting tired, that was the most walking I'd done. So I got a motorized cart. We wandered around the store looking at Easter stuff, getting what we needed and by the time I got home I was exhausted. I helped my daughter with making supper until she ran me out of the kitchen because I felt so tired. After eating I sat on the couch watching tv and just decided to actually lay down about 20 minutes ago. I feel like a freight train hit me. I'm so thirsty, I haven't drank as much water as I should have in the past few days so I'm drinking some now. I was anemic due to the fibroids and I'm sure that's not fixed just yet even though I'm taking my iron pills. I also have hypothyroidism. I'm wondering if my exhaustion is due to either one of those, maybe I'm a little dehydrated or just overdoing it today. I have my follow up with my dr tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to going out again. Thanks for listening to me complain. :-\
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2013, 07:58 PM
Re: Overdid it :-(

You're not complaining. Surgery took a lot out of you. Just the littlest things tire you out. Your body generally let's you know when you've done too much just listen to it. Rest as much as you can.

Check with your doctor to see if s/he wants you to continue to take your iron pills. I was anemic before my surgery but my doctor had me stop taking them post op. I'm no longer anemic. All of the blood loss from my periods were causing the anemia. So for me, no blood loss, no amemia

Take care

Lots of ((HUGS)) to you
Unread 03-26-2013, 08:10 PM

He put me on them because my levels were so low. He wants me to build my levels back up then I can stop, I wasn't on any before. I was tired after the party but nothing like this. Now my eye is twitching and my nurse friend said that's a sign your body needs rest lol....duh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2013, 08:19 PM

Okay lady, then I guess you gotta rest
Listen to your body and your friends

((HUGS))
Unread 03-26-2013, 08:38 PM

There's nothing wrong with a few complaints in a place where people totally understand what you are going through. I hope you feel better.
Unread 03-26-2013, 08:53 PM

Thanks ladies. I actually do feel a lot better after laying in bed and getting off my feet. I'm a little sore now but hopefully tomorrow will be better. :-)
Unread 03-27-2013, 11:19 AM

If you are anemic it takes months of Iron therapy to replace lost iron. My Dr said 6 months or more. The blood count only shows what is lost in the blood. The organs and bones suffer iron loss too so you need to keep up with the replacements. I was anemic and I can tell you nothing makes you more tired. You walk up steps and feel like laying on the floor to rest right afterward. Good luck and keep up the resting.
Unread 03-27-2013, 11:43 AM

Yes, you did too much! At two weeks I went to the doc, my hubby took me out for a coffee and we stopped for a few minutes to say hello to my co-workers whom I missed terribly -- I went home and took a long nap -- I was exhausted. Rest, rest, rest and more rest, AND, as you discovered on your own - drink lots of water! Be patient, allow yourself lots of time to recover. Your profile doesn't say what kind of surgery you had. Also, are keeping up withthe ladies in your recovery thread? I bet they are saying similar things!
Unread 03-27-2013, 12:02 PM

Our surgery was one day apart. I over did it too. I drove to my parents 3 hrs and stayed awake that while day. I'm hurt today. Really hurt. Considered ER but trying not to however the pain isn't leaving and I'm getting nausea. I'm scared
Unread 03-27-2013, 12:57 PM

I am anemic too and the exhaustion is horrible! Doing the smallest things can make me feel like I've run a marathon. Take it easy and get plenty of rest.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register