Warm then cold, but i kept my ovaries | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Warm then cold, but i kept my ovaries Warm then cold, but i kept my ovaries

Unread 07-21-2008, 08:30 AM
Warm then cold, but i kept my ovaries

Hello everyone.
10 days ago i had my uterus removed via abs. 5 days later i came home and the next morning,i was sitting there and felt very hot so i slipped my dressing gown down to my waist and then felt too cold. Is this a hot flush? ive had it once more since then at night when ive been freezing cold but pulling the blanket over myself made me too hot. I kept my ovaries. Any info for me?

Cheers

Kyles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2008, 08:57 AM

Hi and glad you are on this side of the surgery!

Could be that your ovaries are "asleep" from the shock of the surgery and just trying to figure out what to do. Have you taken your temp? Could be a slight infection. I would check with my doc. I had a similiar thing happen and it was both things for me. I had an infection in my incision giving me chills and I was sweating profusely at night from hormone imbalance.

Both of these issues seem to be resolved now at 3 weeks out. Let us know what you find out. Take care and hope you are sleeping well!
Unread 07-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Hot flash?

Hi electric!

I kept my ovaries too and I get sweats (mostly at night) and the occasional . Thankfully no problems with infection but since we're getting our monsoon (which has been dry so far!) the weather gets muggy so it's not always clear if it's me or the weather having the fits, LOL!

I'm just glad to be rid of the alien that lived inside!

Take it easy and good for you that you checked out your situation-sometimes recovery can be a challenge but once we're past it hallelujah!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2008, 09:20 AM

It took me about 2 weeks after surgery before I stopped having hot flashes and my ovary decided to work. It's been 4 months since then and I have started having hot flashes again so I go see dr this week..
Take care and Happy Healing!!!
Unread 07-21-2008, 09:56 AM

Did your doctor tell you about the ovaries and surgery in pre op meetings? Mine told me all about what can happen. Then it is easier to decide to keep them or not.
Unread 07-21-2008, 11:06 AM

I also kept my ovaries and went through hot flashes and night sweats until I was about 5 weeks post op.

Don't worry, they stop, they are miserable for the time being but they go away!

I'm absoloutely dreading menopause. I was changing my jammies three times a night some nights! I ended up just putting a bath towel down on the bed and my pillow.

When they finally waned, my H would say in the morning, "Aww you had a dry night!" LOL.

Hang in there.
Hugs
Jess
XOXOX

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register