TVH Bladder Spasms | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder Spasms Bladder Spasms

Unread 05-27-2012, 04:43 PM
Bladder Spasms

Had hysterectomy on May 21, 2012. I am doing pretty well, but some things I am impatient about. Bladder spasms are making me a little crazy! I feel like I have to go all the time and it burns a bit (boardering on pain at times) trying to go(seems I have no pressure). I know this is normal but how long does it last!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2012, 08:13 PM
Re: Bladder Spasms

I am wondering if this is what I'm having. I get these sensations which I would think would be in my bladder area....because I can feel it "down there" as well. The last 2 days, especially tonight, I am SO SORE all over my abdomen....very bloated feeling...and every once in a while, I get this pain that makes me tense up. It's hard to explain.

Are bladder spasms normal?
Unread 05-27-2012, 09:25 PM

I had them both in the months before and immediately after my surgery. I'm almost four weeks out, and I probably have one or two a day now instead of the several per hour I had been having.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2012, 09:34 PM

What do they feel like? Can you explain them? Just called the dr....and he said to take 800 mg of ibuprofen.
Unread 05-28-2012, 05:11 AM

Its just over a week since my op and given that my bladder was cut during the op I am having to wear a catheter. The spasms have been driving me insane, they are intense. Just be careful that you haven't also got a UTI because if you have and it goes to your kidneys that's even worse. Believe me I know as I have had thousands and never come off antibiotics now days.
Anyway I went to my doc today and sure enough I do have an infection, which she said with or without the catheter is very common after a hyster.
Hoping all comes right for you soon. Best of luck
Unread 05-28-2012, 09:11 AM

I just feel like i have to pee all the time. Certain positions sitting and laying cause this sensation even if i have just gone. When i am peeing it burns, but more in the area of the sling than in the urethra itself. I've been on macrobid since the surgery so I'm not as concerned about bladder infection. It just hurts to push to releaae urine and then gets worse as i finish. I am able to sleep a couple of hours at a time during the night but then im up for half hour or so going to bathroom releasing a little then trying to get comfortable in bed; this happens 2 or 3 times before i can try to sleep again. This is better than a couple of days ago.
Unread 05-28-2012, 09:42 AM

I had many of the same symptoms you all have mentioned! I called my Dr, and they called in a prescription for Urogesic. This "numbs" the bladder ( or something like that) & helps SO MUCH!!! . I've finished the round of meds prescribed, and don't have nearly as much discomfort as before!
Unread 05-28-2012, 08:23 PM

I think I'm having these too. It's hard to explain but when I pee I feel this tugging through my belly button and both sides and it's really uncomfortable plus I feel burning. I'm also on macrobid for uti so don't think it's that. The pain/burning is bladder and not urethra. How long is this gonna last? I hate it!
Unread 05-28-2012, 09:14 PM

I'm calling dr office in am to ask about the meds chilledoutnow talked about in her post. It keeps me up at night: how can i heal with no sleep?
Unread 05-30-2012, 02:10 PM

Went to dr yesterday. Bladder was not emptying. Basically whatever was coming out was only doing so because there was no room left in my bladder i am now on a training schedule for my bladder and self cathing until nature kicks in again. Better than before but a little concerned. Anyone else having these problems?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register