Hysteroscopy-anyone have one? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysteroscopy-anyone have one? Hysteroscopy-anyone have one?

Unread 05-17-2006, 05:31 AM
Hysteroscopy-anyone have one?

Hi, I posted about a month ago after my visit with my GP and she said I had Uterine Prolapse. It seemed so obvious. I had my visit with the GYN surgeon this past Monday. He also thought,at first, that this was the prolapse. But after the exam- which he was not able to complete, he said what I had was an "extremely large" fybroid tumor that extended from the cervix right out. This was a surprise and a relief. I am scheduled May 26 for a hysteroscopy under general anestesia(?) to have it removed and then the doc can examine me without the fybroid interferring. He is not saying that I wont need a hyster, just that he cant make any diagnosis until he "gets" in there. Yippee!! Now I have three more doctor's appointments to schedule. I am a little concerned, but I will try to hold everything back until I get the results of the surgery.
Just wanted to share.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2006, 06:14 AM

Hi, I had a hysteroscopy a couple of months before I had my hyst. It was along with a polypectomy and D&C. I had it all done with general anesthesia at day surgery. I did have some pain for a few days but it was easily controled with meds.

I hope that you have wonderful results and can go with the least invasive solution to your problems possible.

Best wishes, please keep us updated.

S
Unread 05-17-2006, 05:28 PM

I also had mine with several other procedures under general an. I wasn't really sore per say, just tired out very quickly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2006, 06:16 PM

I had one back in October, but it was for diagnostic purposes to see what the cause of my heavy bleeding was (my GYN suspected adenomyosis). She had originally told me it would be done with no anesthesia, and I freaked! She gave me some Vicodin to take before the procedure which mellowed me out considerably, but when I actually got in there she did give me a local (praise God!). I watched the whole thing on camera and she didn't find anything unusual, even after doing the biopsy so she put me back on Lupron as she didn't want to attempt a hysterectomy due to all the adhesions she found on my bowel during my first surgery. I switched doctors at the beginning of the year and after he did my hyst the path report showed that I had endometrial polyps, fibroids in the myometrium and polyps and endo in my cervix. Go figure... I hope all goes well for you and that they're able to get it all taken care of. Good luck!

Unread 05-17-2006, 08:56 PM

Thank you all very much for your concern. Hopefully this will take care of everything and this will be the end. I will definitely update you after the procedure on the 26th of this month.
Thanks, shell
Unread 05-19-2006, 07:21 PM

Hi Antiemm - sorry to hear you are having problems, but I think it is great that your doctor is willing to do a hysterscope first before deciding to "jump right in" and do a hyst. I've had two hysterscopes along with a D&C each time (one in Feb 04 and one in March 05). I had general anesthesia both times and I was fine. No cramping or pain afterwards and really not a lot of bleeding. I was trying to avoid a hyst for heavy bleeding and hyperplasia.

I'm 57 now and I seem to be fine. I'm pretty sure I'm in menopause now since I haven't had any bleeding since Sept 05 and I'm not taking any medication.

Good luck and please keep us posted on how things go on the 26th.

Mary in NY
Unread 05-27-2006, 02:56 AM
Hysterscopy a success

The hysteroscopy went fine. I had an extrememly large fibroid and two polops. The doc removed all and sent them out for testing. I had a lot of bleeding from the fibroid and had to be "packed" for a while. Now I have bed rest for two days and then just take things slow so the bleeding won't continue. I see the doc on June 1 to talk about the results. Hopefully everthing is fine and this emotional roller coaster will have ended.
Thank you to everyone for their support.
shell
Unread 05-27-2006, 07:07 AM

Hi Shell - glad to hear everything went well - what a relief. Do as the doctor says and take it easy even if you feel okay. Enjoy the long weekend and let us know how you make out June 1st.

Mary
Unread 06-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Great news!!

I saw the doc on Thursday, June 1. No cancer and no other problems. The fibroid was at least 8 inches long!! omg! There were also 2 large polyps and a few smaller ones. I don't need a hysterectomy for now and he doesn't feel there is one in the near future.

What a relief! From all the emotions I went through at when I first thought I needed a hysterectomy to having surgery, I cannot begin to thank all those who responded to my original posts, all those who had similar situations and all those that sponsor this site. I am thankful that I did not need the surgery, but I can relate to those who have had to deal with the shock of getting that news.

My heart goes out to all that have had a hysterectomy and those who are waiting. May your recovery be pain-free and successful. May you be surrounded by friends and family that will help you and support you.

I have learned so much from researching on this site and reading other posts. Thanks to everyone for sharing. I still visit this site almost everyday just for comfort.

shell
Unread 06-04-2006, 07:13 PM

All right! That's great news! Yes, this site has been a godsend to me, and I'm so glad I found it. The best part is that we're all giving and receiving support at the same time, just be being here. Whether we lurk or post every day, we're all family! Hope all continues to go well for you, take care of yourself and be well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register