What does it feel like after the fibroid is out? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What does it feel like after the fibroid is out? What does it feel like after the fibroid is out?

Unread 06-09-2011, 03:07 PM
What does it feel like after the fibroid is out?

Hi..I keep thinking of questions. As I was walking my Boxer dog today, I was wondering what does it feel like when the fibroid is out? I have a grapefruit sized one..I look like I am in the 5th month of pregnancy and I can feel it in there too. It feels like a lot of pressure and it is squeezing my other organs..I have been like this for so long though. I started wondering what it will feel like after my uterus (and the huge fibroid) are gone. My surgery is in 2 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Re: What does it feel like after the fibroid is out?

Well the first thing I noticed is that I can urinate normally now. Mine was pressing on my bladder, and I had to go about every 15 minutes and I never felt like I was done going.

Now, I go and there's no leaking afterwards, and I'm not going as often.
Unread 06-09-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena1986 View Post
Hi..I keep thinking of questions. As I was walking my Boxer dog today, I was wondering what does it feel like when the fibroid is out? I have a grapefruit sized one..I look like I am in the 5th month of pregnancy and I can feel it in there too. It feels like a lot of pressure and it is squeezing my other organs..I have been like this for so long though. I started wondering what it will feel like after my uterus (and the huge fibroid) are gone. My surgery is in 2 weeks.
Hi there,

I also had a huge fibroid removed of course when its gone you feel sore but after a week you wont look pregnant mine weighed 4llbs the surgen said it looked like a small football!

Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2011, 04:32 PM

Like amymcg I can pee normally. I am only one week post op but here is the pleasant discoveries that I have made so far. I can take a really really really deep breath, and when laying down at night I no longer have the sensation
that the Alien is going to bust out of my mid section. I no longer have referred
pain in my back and armpit. And now that the ITS are gone I no longer feel that low grade tooth ache like pain. You know the one? It's not bad enough for you to take pain meds for but it's always gnawing there!! The low grade pains existence was turning me into someone I didn't really like. Now I feel like a whole new woman. Don't wait. Get ris of the monster!
Unread 06-09-2011, 06:04 PM

What does it feel like? It feels wonderful.

Peeing normally was one of the first things I noticed too. There is definitely an adjustment period while you are healing, and your other organs are reclaiming their rightful places in your body, and there will be twinges and aches. But now at 6 months, I notice lots of little things. Like when I ride my bike, my thighs don't bump into my uterus and it doesn't feel like I have a bowling ball bouncing around in my pelvis if I run. And how I'm not always looking for a bathroom. And how I just seem to have more energy, I have to say I do feel younger. And sex, oooh la la. It hasn't been this good in years.
Unread 06-09-2011, 06:53 PM

Wow!! So you can notice the difference right away? I am hurting tonight!! I have not stopped bleeding for 8 months because of this thing! I am not looking forward to having surgery again (I had kidney surgeries 10 years ago) but I sure can't wait to get this fibroid out! I want to feel like a normal person again..and I am very outdoorsy so this thing has kept me from everything I love to do. Thank you for all of your imput..I feel so supported here. I love you all!!
Unread 06-10-2011, 02:36 AM

Deep breathes are possible because it isn't crushing my lungs. My hip and leg pain have been gone and not returned since Aug 2, 2010. After the initial pain from surgery evrey organ feels better. For a few days my bladder felt ike it wanted to take over all the extra room. But once everybody settled into place I have found life much pleasanter. I actually have had a waistline. New clothes. More energy. Even can tie my shoes much more easily. I understand the not wanting another surgery - I had three last year. But
Unread 06-10-2011, 05:09 AM

This all sounds so nice. I am ready to do this! I know I can't live with this thing in here anymore.
Unread 06-10-2011, 12:50 PM

Helena, dear sister you won't regret your decision. The benefits were almost immediately noticed for me and everyday is a pleasantly surprise in how better I feel every day. Also, if you are a physically active type, you will find that the recovery--for most physically active sisters--is immeasurably better. I almost forgot that I had surgery last week--this morning when I woke up I sat UP from a lying position--instead of rolling on my side and pushing myself up with my arms. I was shocked and was afraid I could have hurt myself. But all is good!The surgitape is falling off, and all of it will come off next Tuesday at my first post op appt. No staples for me--just internal stitches, glue, and tape. Yep like the other sisters, everything internally is finding its proper normal place. Ahh deeep breathes! Wonderful

We are here for YOU!
Unread 06-10-2011, 01:27 PM

Mine was about the size of a 5 month pregnancy. I can't believe how much better I feel 2.5 weeks post op. I no longer have to pee after drinking one glass of water. I am currently laying on the floor typing this without the feeling that I am laying on a softball. My bowels feel like they are starting to function more properly. I no longer feel like I just ate a 9 course meal ALL THE TIME!!!! And, removing the uterus and fibroid that weighed just short of 2 pounds, I am LIGHTER!!!

One regret, I didn't have the surgery last spring when I was diagnosed.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register