Sick of hearing "losing ovaries you'll lose your mind too" - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sick of hearing "losing ovaries you'll lose your mind too" Sick of hearing "losing ovaries you'll lose your mind too"

Unread 03-21-2004, 06:01 AM
Sick of hearing "losing ovaries you'll lose your mind too"

First of all I would like to say we are all different and the fact is that some women do feel very unsetteld when trying to get their hormones regulated after losing ovaries, I have talked to many women who feel like they are losing it hormone problems are tough but can be straightened out it just takes time, I have never taken a post in the manner spoke of hear as if you lose your ovaries you will lose your mind, I read them in a empathetic manner like someone suffering that needs to talk to someone that can relate to their situation. I lost my ovaries and didn't have a choice and I don't feel offended by statements from women feeling down or bad about losing them.

Patty glad you are recovering so well without any problems but that is not the case for everyone
unfortunately, I feel a great respect for my sisters and will be here for anyone who needs it no matter what the subject. Good luck to all of you..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2004, 07:27 AM

I had both ovaries removed and when DBF was telling his sister about my surgery (2 months after it happened), he said the HRT must be working because I hadn't taken his head off since surgery!! I find that, as a general rule, I'm more even tempered and don't get the migraines I used to before surgery.

Not everyone has such great luck right from the start...I know many women need their prescrips tweaked or they cannot take HRT for some reason...but we don't all go crazy after our surgery

Good luck to you!

s
Cat
Unread 03-24-2004, 02:05 AM

Don't forget that if you do have hormone concerns or questions to please visit the Hormone Jungle Forum or the Hormone Desert Forum (for those of us that can't take hormones). You will find so much support and info there for your particular problems. I can't take HRT because of a history of a blood clot from the pill 25 years ago and if it weren't for the Hormone Desert I wouldn't have found out about supplements that can help immensely. One doctor had told me about Black Cohosh but on the forum I heard about Estroven (just one option) and it has cut down symptoms by about 2/3 and worked better than just plain black cohosh.

Hugs,

Linda >^..^<
Unread 03-24-2004, 04:35 PM

Hard to lose something we ALL lost when our problems started.
Unread 03-24-2004, 04:41 PM

Heeheehee! Hear, hear!
Unread 03-25-2004, 09:23 PM

Hi Everyone!

I haven't been in the site for quite some time so thought I would check out what's happening. I also found this site after surgery and it was a "God Send" for me. It still totally amazes me what a miracle our bodies are.

I can see two sides to the somewhat of a debate here. First the whole hyster is scary in it's self but to be able to post here our worries, fears and shoulder each others trauma's is a wonderful thing. Since this is a "Support" site each of us should be able to post what the individual needs are. That's why we "joined".

I too have found that sometimes when I read some things, I would almost have symptoms because I read them.. Some made me dread. BUT you can't ask us not to post the feelings that we truly have! "Support" is for all, not to supress some things because it may scare others. All have to realize it's not there to scare, or make them change their decision, it's there because someone is reaching out. This is an education for all of us. None of us know how our body will react and sometimes we have to look at the possibilities before we can make a decision.

Sometimes I had to walk away and analyze how I was going to handle it if I had some of the same symptoms some of these sisters had. But I was glad that I could read about the possibilities and know that out there were women who knew how I felt and so empathized with ME because they had been there. No matter how scary it is it's a reality that has to be faced and to face we need to know facts. The Dr's will never be as informative as this site is. When suffering, it's so wonderful to go somewhere you know there will be someone who has been there.

When having success, again, a place to go to rave and know that many out there would cheer with you not because they were in the medical field and "saw" others but because they had actually "been there, done that"! That is what support is.

Whew! I love this site. To know if bad or good I have a place to take it and know there is someone out there who will care!

Thank you all and moderators who sacrifice time for us!
Unread 03-26-2004, 04:49 PM

One of my biggest concerns was having my ovaries removed. As far as I know they are healthy but my Dr said at my age (49) and close to menopause I am better off. I was not sure if he was jumping the gun or what. But I do get terrible, terrible PMS with horrible migraines and I am hoping this will be a good trade off. I do feel better after reading your comments. I am going on an estrogen patch - was a wild woman every month - so I don't want to go without.
I am also concerned about the pain meds - like I said I get bad migraines and with all the medication I have taken for them I have a pretty high tolerance to pain medication. I thought well - the nurses will get tired of hearing me whine and then I thought I would bring a box of good chocolates in to bribe for more medicine - hahahhaha.
Unread 03-26-2004, 06:36 PM

Hi Diane,
In wandering the Web, I read somewhere (I think it was on the website of Carla Dionne, she has a journal in there which she kept during her treatment for fibroids) that if you are using any kind of pain medication it's essential to let the doctor and nursing staff know before surgery. I guess they need to adjust the dosage or use a different medication-??

cookie1956

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register