Any Otober sisters out there? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Any Otober sisters out there? Any Otober sisters out there?

Unread 08-20-2001, 04:05 PM
Any Otober sisters out there?

Hi Everyone

Would love to "meet" any other October sisters. I am new to this site. I think we have a long wait ahead, but are blessed to have the time to get questions answered!

Do you know of any other sites that have been useful?

Traci
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2001, 04:40 PM

Hi, Traci:

My surgery date is 3 Oct. I thought I had a long time to wait!

It's nice to know that there is someone else patiently waiting as I am to have this done. I can't wait to get it over and done with and be free of my painful periods and fibroids!

I have found no other website out there that compares to this one. Mainly searched the typical medical sites until I found this one from a search engine.

Take care and let's keep in touch. Surely there are other October sisters out there as well!

Betty
Unread 08-20-2001, 04:51 PM
lots of time

I feel like maybe I have too much time to wait!! We are in the middle of a remodeling project and I know we must finish it before I dare rest for 6-8 weeks! I would go nuts with it not finished! But 2 months is a long time!

Just read a great post about scheduling something fun before surgery. I am sure glad I read that. My to do list is pretty boring, but very full. I will probably feel neglected and sad if I don't do something outdoors and fun before surgery.

Do you know of a good place to find a "checklist" of hospital items to bring and things to have ready at home? I am new to this site (last night was my first night) and I have not discovered one yet.

Good Luck and keep in touch.

Traci
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2001, 05:33 PM

Traci:

There is a drop down menu on the hystersisters.com home page called "ladies in waiting" which contains some hints about hospital lists. I have also seen various advice in the messages posted as well.

I too have a vacation planned prior to my surgery and a family commitment out of town which I couldn't forego - thus the reason my wait is so long. We just moved to a new home with new pool and I couldn't face the idea of not being able to swim at the end of the summer. However, I am anxiously awaiting my surgery at the same time to try and have a more normal life!

Betty
Unread 08-20-2001, 05:57 PM
We're twins!

Hi Traci! Not only am I in Oct, I'm also Oct 22nd. I've known for a few weeks now, and the waiting is hard, but I have so much to do between now and then. I'll be away for work for several weeks (which is why my date is so far away). I agree with you both that we have a lot of time to research (I'm addicted to this site!) But I've also found that when I go to bed at night I think about the surgery a lot. I am planning a fun, romantic getaway for the weekend before. I have read all the LIW menus and I bought the HS book. It has really helped me mentally prepare.
Looking forward to keeping in touch before our big days!
Oh, and I haven't found any other site that can touch this one!

Take care
Unread 08-20-2001, 06:04 PM

I just set my date on Friday. It is all new to me! Is the book helpful? Do you suggest I purchase it?

I had so much to coordinate, I had to wait until Oct. for the surgery. My wanted to do it right away, since I have been bleeding for over a year! I did not think another 2 months would hurt, and needed time to prepare my family and work for my absence (I sound like I am really important don't... HA HA).

Feel good about it right now, but it consumes most of my thougths! I also go to bed thinking about it!

I think I need to plan a get away also. I know it will help me!

Email me anytime!

Traci

Traci
Unread 08-20-2001, 06:16 PM
Oct. too!!!!

Hi Traci,
I'm Oct. 16, it does seem a long way off but I'm sure it will be here before we know it. I've had my date since July so it seems time moves alot slower now. As far as other sites go, I have been to visit many, but this is absolutely the very best I've found!! these ladies here are wonderful. They know what their talking about because they've already been where we are now. The chat room is great also, if you get time, try it out. I'll find the other site adresses and forward them on to you if you like. I guess that we should just try to keep busy and not dwell on this surgery (yeah, Right) I'm working on my post op planning now, lining everything up and freaking out with nerves.
Maybe we can all keep in touch and get through this wait together!!
Keep in touch
Unread 08-20-2001, 06:24 PM

Traci, I purchased the bood because I couldn't be on my computer all the time. It is a good book, but a lot of the info is on this web site (personal stories, etc.). I also bought it to pass to a friend someday. It's amazing how many women have gone through this!
Unread 08-20-2001, 07:19 PM
Betty - me too!

Hey!

I am also scheduled for October 3. That is six weeks from this Wednesday by the way!! It seems soooo long. I, too, scheduled it later due to summer and work comitments
Unread 08-20-2001, 07:48 PM

Co-workers and family tell me to put myself first. Everything else will wait or work itself out.

BUT... I could not rest knowing I left everything hanging. I will feel less anxious if I have micro-planned everything!

Funny thing.... I only work part time and my kids are teenagers! You would think it would be very easy for me! I pray for the women with demanding jobs or families with small children. The coordinating and planning is much crazier I would think!

Traci
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register