Waking up at 3ish every single morning? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Waking up at 3ish every single morning? Waking up at 3ish every single morning?

Unread 02-02-2006, 06:47 AM
Waking up at 3ish every single morning?

Every single night for six weeks I have been waking up at the exact same time with these things that I can only describe as feeling like mild electrical shock buzzing through my body. They are accompanied by a mild dizziness but no heat.

Has anyone else experienced this clockwork like symptom?

What helped? Did Prometrium?

My test is still out on adrenal tumors but thought I'd at least ask....I'm getting SOOOOOOOOOOO tired after all this time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2006, 07:45 AM

After eight weeks post op I still wake up around 2 or 3 o'clock. Usually its to go to the bathroom. I haven't slept through the night since my surgery. I feel like crap most of the time. I am on HRT and my doc also recommended Black Cohosh. I bought some yesterday. I hope it helps with night sweats and sleep. One thing I have found out for sure. This surgery is different for everybody.

Hang in there. We are all in this together.

Cathy
Unread 02-02-2006, 10:33 AM

Have you talked to your dr about these episodes? I hope you are able to get some and find out what is happening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2006, 06:40 PM

I know exactly what you are saying. I too wake up every morning at 3. It makes for a very long day. By 3 in the afternoon I am exhausted. I am back to work and do not know what to do about my sleep schedule. If I take Tylenol PM I am too tired to get out of bed in the morning. Does anyone know how to solve this problem or when it might end????
Lori
Unread 02-02-2006, 07:01 PM

I had the exact same nightly awakenings and electrical feelings you describe. They went away after I got enough estrogen into my system via HRT.

Please talk to your doctor about what you are experiencing. There is help available.

Many s to you,
Unread 02-02-2006, 07:11 PM

I Know what you girl's are saying...2:30 every morning........and yes it's getting old..I told Dr..he said take ambiem..only gave me 15 pills....hummmmmmm But i still am up at 2:30 i think it's our bodies...they are in shock..I am on premarian..it has helped.. but still sleep is far and in between........hope evrything goes back to normal........for me and for all you sisters...
Unread 02-03-2006, 11:11 AM

Thank goodness it's not some kind of disorder! Sorry you gals have felt this but good to know I'm not a freak!
I DID try Lunessta and all it did was make me drugged AND zinging at 3AM....sheesh!
Unread 02-03-2006, 01:38 PM

Yep, had the waking up around 3am, and the dizziness too. Lasted through around 10wks, I think.
Now I don't wake up til about 7am...my DH thinks I'm lazy now!
Talk to the dr, if this continues. I needed to get on a med (meclazine) for the dizziness, for about 10 days.
Hope you well tonight, and the ness goes away!
LL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register