9 days post hysterectomy: Cold chills, and have a hard time walking for very long | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

9 days post hysterectomy: Cold chills, and have a hard time walking for very long 9 days post hysterectomy: Cold chills, and have a hard time walking for very long

Unread 03-06-2014, 02:17 AM
9 days post hysterectomy: Cold chills, and have a hard time walking for very long

I had my hysterectomy on February 25,2014 and I am 9 days post op today and in the evening I get cold chills bad even covered up with the heater on. I have been doing my walking but if I am up to long it starts burning real bad in the left side of my incision. Any advice would be greatful. I feel like a roller coaster with all the sudden changes I am going through.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2014, 03:55 AM
Re: Cold chills, and have a hard time walking for very long.

It sounds like hormones, fun fun... we ladies always get the fun stuff don't we.. if you are having a lot of pain in one area I would check with your doctor to make sure that it is not infected, is it extremely red near it, draining, warm to touch? have you checked your temperature to make sure that you aren't possibly running a fever, that could also cause chills. I would call the Dr. and see if they will see you and make sure that you don't have something bigger going on, better to go and find out its normal than to not go and actually prolong having something treated...

This recovery sure is one huge rollercoaster ride isn't it? one day feeling ok, next day blah, emotionally and physically..

Hope you feel better soon & keep us posted on how you are doing!!
Unread 03-06-2014, 09:21 AM
Re: 9 days post hysterectomy: Cold chills, and have a hard time walking for very long

I went to see a doctor 2 days ago, and he said my incisions is healing amazing.
I have ran a low grade fever since the day after surgery. It's odd though when I experience some of my worst cold chills I check and not running a temp. He isn't sure why I am running the fever so he has me on a sulfa drug (bactrim) to maybe target and see if it fixed my problem.
They just started me on a hormone 2 days ago not sure how long it takes for them to start working and balancing out, but thank you for your reply.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register