can't focus ....... binge eating | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

can't focus ....... binge eating can't focus ....... binge eating

Unread 10-03-2003, 08:34 PM
can't focus ....... binge eating

I am going through some weird stuff. I can't seem to focus and follow anything through. I have all of this stuff to get done before I go in Oct 31 but....... Then I lost 15 pounds on the Atkins diet dropped my cholesterol, wearing my jeans a little easier. Now I am back at the carbs and the sugar. Major going for the comfort food. Dairy queen pecan cluster blizzard has been my best friend. Then I get so disappointed with myself for doing this. My goal was to drop a few more pounds before the surgery. And it's not really adding extra pressure on me to do this because I thought it really is an easy diet to stay on. Then there is the exercise for the abs so things go easier ya right. I just go home and channel surf no ambition at all. Thanks for listening
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2003, 08:43 PM

((((purple angel)))))

Aw, hon' - Don't feel alone.

This is a major life event, and it does tend to mess with the brain, the emotions - before and after.

Try to relax and give yourself a break. Do what you feel you need to do to best prepare. If that means indulging a bit, then so be it. Whatever you do, try not to punish yourself.

Take care, sweetie ~ your castle day will be here and gone before you know it. Please keep us posted and let us know how things are going for you, okay?

Unread 10-03-2003, 08:50 PM

I went through the same feelings and eating binges. I also have recently lost weight and was hoping to lose a bit more before surgery...but the snackies just seemed to take over. I was glad just to not GAIN any weight before surgery.

I know it's tough but just try to keep yourself occupied...even with stupid stuff. The waiting is truly the toughest part.

Best wishes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2003, 08:50 PM

Im due for the castle on October 7th. I know just how you feel. I think I'm loosing my mind. I eat compulsively and often. I have so much on my mind my DH is picking up some of the slack. Or at the least he is being tolerant. I had invisioned having a great weekent before I went in to the castle. Now that it is here all I have to do is chores. Laundry dishes and other chores that need to be done now not in 6 weeks. Im half tempted to just do the dishes and let the rest go. I dont need clean cloths, do I? heee heee
Unread 10-04-2003, 07:06 AM
i fell your pain...

Just too let you know, i binge ate also. But bad!! I gained 10 pounds!! lol...ya have too laugh right?
Anyhow, i got passed the "eating thing"....now im just moody..
This too shall pass. My surgery was for the 8th only 4 MORE DAYS!! and just yestarday my MD said NO WAY ..i hit my head the other day and gave myself a concussion..there making me wait TWO MORE WEEKS!!!! AHHHH!!
ill be a BLIMP by the time this surgery comes!!!!!
Good luck on the 31st...
all my prayers and hugs-
scotty
Unread 10-04-2003, 07:49 AM

Absolutely understandable; not weird at all.

Think it through- you know how marathon runners will carb load before the big race? I think this is a little like that- It goes back to our pre-history days- carb load- eat everything you can cuz the famine is right around the corned.

No one said the brain could be discerning Right?

Yeah we need to be a little careful, but there is a reason they call it comfort food....you are looking for comfort cuz this is about the most stressful thing you're going to do in a long long while. So while you hold it down a little, don't beat yourself up when you do binge. You don't need the added guilt. Just accept what is and recognize that after its over tyou can begin to make more positive eating choices.

It will get better

Dilu

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register