Third and Final Opinion = no hyst for me | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives > Options and Alternative Success Stories

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Third and Final Opinion = no hyst for me Third and Final Opinion = no hyst for me

Unread 02-19-2011, 04:28 AM
Re: Third and Final Opinion

The good news is... I went to my appointment with third and final physician. He explained to me that if the fibroid was not giving me any pain that it is not necessary to have a hysterectomy. If it was painful and there were complications stemming from keeping it in tact, then a non-invasive surgery would be method of operation. I was told by my original gyno that I would have to have an incisional hysto and she wouldn't guarantee that there would be no cancer,etc. I'm not easily intimidated, I suppose.

I can still elect to have hysto and cervix removed, but, it's just not in the cards for me now. Need additional ultrasounds to watch if it shrinks with menopause. Eventually, it will probably come out....

But, the bad news is, once I left his office, I learned of my father's passing, which was quite sudden. I told Dad a week before that I may need the surgery, but never got the chance to tell him I didn't. I know he hears me now, but wish I could have put his mind at ease.

I will keep posting as I get updates on this new phase in my life. Thanks for reading.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Re: Third and Final Opinion = no hyst for me

(((Swilla)))

I am so sorry to hear about your dad.

It is wonderful that at this time of sorrow, you aren't needing to plan a hysterectomy! I am glad you sought a third opinion!

I wish you well and hope that you are able to postpone a hysterectomy indefinitely!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register