6-Months Post-Op and What My Doctor Says About Granulation!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6-Months Post-Op and What My Doctor Says About Granulation!! 6-Months Post-Op and What My Doctor Says About Granulation!!

Unread 02-27-2007, 02:09 PM
6-Months Post-Op and What My Doctor Says About Granulation!!

I am 6 months post-op and still have to wear a panty liner. I have had 3 treatments for my granulations problems so far.

I called the doctor's office the other day because it is still going on but he is not concerned at this time. He told me that he prefers that I heal naturally and not with the help of silver nitrate.

He also told me that it can take up to a year to fully heal.

All I can say is WOW ~ That is not what I wanted to hear. Anyone else still having this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2007, 03:03 PM

My surgery was end of Aug 2006. I have had scar tissue removed twice and my dr also said in some women he has seen this up to a year. Disappointing since we all thought after the hyst we would be fine.

Take care
Unread 02-27-2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjean82
My surgery was end of Aug 2006. I have had scar tissue removed twice and my dr also said in some women he has seen this up to a year. Disappointing since we all thought after the hyst we would be fine.

Take care

Take care yourself and hope you start to heal soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2007, 05:39 PM

HI,

I had a friend who had a tvh in June of last year. When I found out that I was having one, I called to ask her questions. One of the questions was what to expect afterwards. She told me that she was having trouble healing inside and her doctor finally gave her some kind of antibiotic cream that she had to put in herself to help her heal. She told me that it was probably October before her doctor said that she was good. You mentioned the silver nitrate and I know that is what they use, but I thought I would mention the antibiotic cream that my friend used. I'm no doctor, but sometimes some doctors don't always use the right thing. Hope this helps.
Unread 02-27-2007, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brat42
She told me that she was having trouble healing inside and her doctor finally gave her some kind of antibiotic cream that she had to put in herself to help her heal.
Thank you for the information ~ I have not heard about the cream and will mention this if I am still not healing.
Unread 05-02-2007, 11:13 AM

For the first 10 weeks post op I bled due to a Hematoma center of pelvic region where uterus use to be, and I had the silve nitrate. It is now 8months and all of a sudden I had orange spotting, and gyn said I had some granulation, anyone give advise on why all of a sudden this would happen?? is it possible to have a tear in cuff from pushing to hard due to constipation?
Unread 05-02-2007, 12:09 PM

Yes, you can tear the cuff. I had that happen to a friend of mine. After about 3 visits to the doctors office it was finally corrected with Silve Nitrate. I am 2 weeks post op and started bleeding a couple of days ago. Nothing until then. Hopefully it will be okay.
Unread 05-02-2007, 02:44 PM

OMG thank goodness... you know you are not the only one, but it is SO good to hear!!!

I am 5 months post-op and also still have to wear a panty liner due to leakage and the odor!!! and any type of penetration is painful. My Dr put me on a cream but it is not really helping... seeing her next week, hope we can do something. I think she would have done on of the other things but since she can't get anything in to look around...
Unread 05-02-2007, 07:51 PM

Hello! I am 9 weeks out today and have had 2 granulation treatments. Once at my 3 week visit and again this past Monday ~ both times it was treated with Silver Nitrate. I am so hoping it clears up this time!

vgtigger ~ I do think constipation may make spotting occur. I have noticed when my bowel movements are harder I have spotting. I think it's just tender & not quite healed in there and gosh everything seems to affect it!

I am so glad I had the hysterectomy but am anxiously awaiting feeling "normal" again!!
Unread 05-03-2007, 08:25 AM

I am happy to report that 9 months post op and I am finally starting to heal..........what a long journey this has been for me.

I was going every 2 weeks for silver nitrate treatments and next week is my last one scheduled. I think I had a total of 7 treatments in 9 months and of those 7 the last 6 were all scheduled in the last 2 months.

I am no longer wearing the panty liners after 8 months of that and the odor is finally gone. Keep after it girls.....if it continues have that doctor or his nurse get aggressive and get you in every two weeks for the treatments.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register