Trying to calm my nerves... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Trying to calm my nerves... Trying to calm my nerves...

Unread 05-14-2011, 11:31 AM
Trying to calm my nerves...

My hysterectomy is scheduled for Wed May 18 and I thought I was coping with the stress of the anticipation. My bowels, however, are not. I was up sleeping in the bathroom last night in order to be closer to the toilet. I have been like this for nearly 3 days now and it just seems to be getting worse. I don't want to get bound up this close to surgery, but (TMI) my bum is so raw. Anyone else have intestines that over-react to stress? Any pointers? I just want the surgery to be over - it seems like I have been waiting forever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Re: Trying to calm my nerves...

LOL!!! I am scheduled for Friday the 20th. I have been looking forward to this happening for YEARS now... however, as excited as I am that things are nearly here, nealy over with.... my stomach has not gotten the memo. And it seems to be getting a bit worse each day I am getting closer. (Very frustrating...)

Neither have all the emotions, it seems. I had an emotional melt-down with the boyfriend and apologized for being the clingy girlfriend, and that I did want him at the hospital (before, I told him it was no big deal, to go on with what he had planned and I would text with updates.) Yep, the emotions did an about-face as we are getting closer.

I stocked up on groceries last night, and laughed out loud with the variety of "comfort foods" that made their way into my cart. Tonight and tomorrow, I am going to do a bit of cooking and then freezing so my roommate will have less nurse-maid duties. I am writing and rewriting check lists like I have severe OCD, trying to make sure I have everything taken care of so they can take care of me in the weeks to follow.

Luckily, I have been spending a great deal of time reading posts of those who have walked these steps before me. I figure that this is all normal pre-op stuff. Some will be a surprise and some will be completely expected. I also figure it is all an experience for my amusement, and if I dwell on any weird part of it, I am going to be even more frustrating to those around me. SO I am telling them about the weird thoughts I am having. (Like the waking up and stitting straight up in bed after realizing I only have one set of sheets, and suddenly KNOWING that was NOT going to be enough... and it taking all I had not to drive to the store at 3:27am to get more sheets.) We are all getting a good laugh out of it, and they are seeing what realistic and unexpected fears and concerns that are raceing around in my head.

Keep your sense of humor about it all. The unknown, whatever it may be for you, has a way of sneaking up and tapping us on the shoulder when we least expect it... even when we may THINK we are in good shape with what is next.
I think there will be a day next month where those close to me share my pre-op jitter stories and we all laugh about it. I am pretty much banking on it.

Good Luck!!!
Hugs,
Janice
Unread 05-14-2011, 12:07 PM

Before i was rushed to the ER me and my boyfriend for arguing about that he thought I was with child and he wasn't sure that it was his child. I was very hard on him and i went in that night. I thought u had to be older than 28 to get this. I found that out very quick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2011, 12:12 PM

Hello ladies. My surgery is scheduled for May 20. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one whose nerves and stomach is acting up! But I know we'll all get through this, and be glad when it's all over. Hang in there princesses, just a few more days to go.
Unread 05-14-2011, 12:58 PM

Hello ladies, I am scheduled for May 17th. I t sure has been a rollercoaster ride thus far. I totally understand the upset tummy troubles! lol I feel like as many times as I have rushed to the toliet there should be nothing left, yet it rumbles again. I have already stocked up on groceries, and been doing by spring cleaning, so I can come home to a palace and not a pigsty. I have most everything ready. I am working today and tomorrow. Gonna finish cleaning, and pick up a few things, but i am ready for this. Good luck to everyone!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register